1. 'bant

'bant Loyal Comrade

Greetings from Buskerud in Norway. I´m Stan and have just bought an 82 601 LX (one of the posh ones with multi speed wipers, reversing light and fog light). The previous owner bought it in Germany and imported it which is something I don´t have time to do. The car is basically sound, clean both inside and out, the only rust being under the battery which I will attack this coming week. There are the usual problems of minor neglect and a couple of other issues I will air on the technical forums soon. The car is known as "The ´bant " which is what my young son calls it.

I´m from the UK and have lived in Norway for about five years, before that I lived in the Netherlands for over ten years. My other cars are a ´71 VW Dormobile (which moved with me to the Netherlands and then here) an ´81 Citroen Dyane 6 (my daily driver) which I bought when living in the Netherlands and took it with me. I am also responsible for my partners ´91 VW T25 Syncro which is her daily driver.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    frogbros and Wartburg353W like this.
  2. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

3. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

Welcome also!
    Where did you live in Holland?

Gr,Michiel (NL).
  4. 'bant

'bant Loyal Comrade

Hi Michiel, my first year was spent in Almere Stad before it got too big :) I remember being very cold commuting to Utrecht in my VW van in the winter of 96/97. Then I moved to Utrecht and stayed there for the rest of my time in the Netherlands.
  5. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

Ok,I know Utrecht because I had some family who lived there.
    It was in part of city Oog in Al close to Amsterdamrijn-kanaal.

Groetjes,

Michiel.
  6. 'bant

'bant Loyal Comrade

I lived in Zuilen and Geuzewijk. Oog in Al was somewhere we cycled or drove through on the way to somewhere else :)
  7. Keri

Keri Leader

Welcome to the forum
    And
    Hi from Chicago!
  8. Erik Trabant

Erik Trabant Newbie

Velkommen Stan! Im also from Norway - bought my car last summer and im loving it more every day that goes by. (I live in the north - Bodø)
  9. 'bant

'bant Loyal Comrade

Hei Eirik jeg har vært i Bodø det var sommeren 2011. Vi syklet opp fra Gol i Hallingdal til Bodø, hadde ei uka på Lofoten og tok toget tilbake til Gol. Det er fint der oppe!
  10. Erik Trabant

Erik Trabant Newbie

Woah, that's a long trip to do with a bike when the weather isnice, it's paradise up here
  11. 'bant

'bant Loyal Comrade

Paradise? Not an FrP voter I take it? :D

More seriously, what makes it paradise for you?