1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. aardvark64

aardvark64 Puttering Along

Putting my Trabi up for sale shortly, thought I'd see if there's any interest here first. Have decided to focus on military vehicles and need the space for a new acquisition.

The car is dated as Jan 1990; it's a 601 limousine, Himmel-blau, UK registered, taxed and MoT for 12 months. It drives really well and is a happy little runabout. It's been kept in a garage for most of the 8 years I've it had it. Have only been doing 3-400 km per year for the last 3-4 years though, and I think it's time for someone else to enjoy it.

Pictures here
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/88634777@N02/albums/72157687672668086

Mechanically it's fine, there's no rust I can see except some cosmetic discolouration on the front bumper and around the rear pop-out windows. The Duroplast needs a re-spray and the chrome gutter needs some cleaning, but the car polishes up okay. The rubbers holding the front seat covers on are beginning to go and there's a hole in the back of the driver's seat that I never got around to fixing (it was there when I bought the car).

Loads of spares, including fuel tank, gauges, and bulbs. And a huge vat of 2-stroke oil courtesy of the deal with Opie via the UK IFA Club.

PM me if you have any questions. Haven't thought what sort of money I'd ask for it? given the spares and 60's vintage Desmo roof-rack, probably ~ £1500 (UK).
  2. aardvark64

aardvark64 Puttering Along

Now sold. I'll let the new owner announce themselves...