1. frogbros

frogbros Von Trabi Forum Donor

Feel better.
  2. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

Flying out tomorrow after a few hours of work, getting into DC around 12:30am....Excited to meet you all Saturday.....by the way, do we have a plan of some sort as the where and when we want to congregate....9:00? 9:15?

@turbofiat124 I hope you feel better also....Sorry we're going to miss you.
  3. frogbros

frogbros Von Trabi Forum Donor

On my way

image.jpg
    Justin likes this.
  4. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

I'm feeling better today. My wife is not so I'm going to take her to the doctor today. So I would have felt guilty anyway leaving her here alone with our daughter.

I've just had allot on me hear lately and wonder if it's just my nerves that has been getting to me making me dizzy.

I hope you guys have fun and the weather will be good. Hopefully next year things will be better and I'll make it.
  5. VADOC

VADOC Premium Member Forum Donor

Hi James
    sorry to miss you, hope we can get together soon
    I'm at the Garden Hilton now, anyone online???? (9:10 pm)
  6. VADOC

It's today!!!!
    Spent last night gripping & grinnin & swapping lies.
    Andy took me for a ride in his car. my car wouldn't start, and we lusted after Jonathan's spares
    Looks sunny but cold outside
    updates probably not until this evening
  7. VADOC

Hi everyone
    Patty & I had a great day today but we sure are tired!
    My apologies to Andy, Tom, Bill, Jonathan & Deanna, when we got back top the hotel we went straight to the truck & loaded up. Traffic on 66 was awful. took us 45 minutes to go 12 miles.
    Justin, took more photos after I copied the flash drive, so let me know how I can get those to you.
    Anyone else who would like photos you can e-mail me at mgacoupe AT hotmail.com
    Now we have to figure out how we can have a late spring/ early summer event. One event a year is not enough!!
    Wartburg353W likes this.
  8. Daniel P

Daniel P Premium Member Forum Donor

Yesterday was a lot of fun. Great to meet many of you there.
    I have a lot of photos that I will get around to posting.
  9. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Tow dolly works fine for a Trabant. I have done it a couple times. From RI to IN through Canada in Feb. 1990, from PA to IN in 1998, and from Detroit, MI to IN in 2008. It is on the edge of the rails but works just fine.
    Justin likes this.
  10. Aaron

Aaron Leader Moderator Forum Donor

So, wheres all the pictures?
  11. Justin

Mine are coming when I get home and back to a computer.
    Aaron likes this.
  12. Bill Overbaugh

Bill Overbaugh King Trabi Forum Donor

My tour of DC with our fearless leader, Justin.

gebrauchte autos.jpg
    Would you buy a used car from this guy?

obama.jpg
    Justin got to meet his hero

polizei.jpg
    And then got arrested

princesses.jpg
    They picked him out of a line up (it was hard with all the princesses. Who could tell them apart???)

supreme court.jpg
    Had to go to court to get him out of jail

trabi show.jpg
    Then we got back to the rally

trabi treffen.jpg
    And now he's back home in Texas, safe and sound

gebrauchte autos.jpg
    And back to work!

Attached Files:

13. Justin

14. Justin

15. Justin

I wish you had got a photo of my in my good leisure suit, that's the one I wear when I just want to be comfortable.
  16. Aly0124

Aly0124 Justin's Wife

Justin likes this.
  17. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

Sort of a day late and a dollar short on this thread but since the forum is somewhat slow these days (I guess due to the cold weather) I thought I would mention something in case this ever happens to anyone else.

I was planning on attending the Parade of Trabants. I had my hotel room and a U-haul trailer all lined up but came down with an illness about a day before so I decided not to attend. Dizziness, unsteadiness, etc.. It bumbed me out that I didn't feel like making the trip. Hopefully I'll make it in 2015.

Anyway I had been having some inner ear issues (ringing, loss of hearing in my left ear) for about a year which I think was causing the dizziness. I should have went to a real doctor instead of my company's medical department but I didn't. They couldn't find anything wrong with my ear.

Back in January, an upper rear tooth that had been bothering me off an on for about two years finally hit me one day like someone had punched me in the face. I had complained to my dentist about this tooth in the past and everytime he X-rayed it he couldn't find anything wrong with it.

I told him I was not trying to self diagnosis myself but thought I had an abscessed tooth. I asked my dentist if he thought the inner ear issue and my tooth were related since they were on the same side of my head. He said he had never heard of this but said it was quite possible and to let him know if my ear problem went away.

Once he removed the cap he confirmed my suspision. After a root canal and a week of antibiotics my ear problem finally went away.

That was the worst root canal I have ever had in my life! I was still in pain for three days following the procedure. But at least I am no longer in any pain or having dizziness.

Hopefully the tooth was the reason behind my inner ear problem.