1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Lotsokids

Lotsokids Loyal Comrade

I just got the chrome pinstripes applied last night with the "Trabant" decal. I think it looks pretty good for applying all the trim freehand. Yes, it's not perfect.

[​IMG]

Here it is near some MiG-21s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Justin likes this.
  2. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

I am stealing those pictures!
    Lotsokids likes this.
  3. 60chevyjim

60chevyjim Puttering Along

it looks great !!! very nice job
  4. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

You mean you got them for $5.00 a piece? Are they universal or made for the car?

Some guy on Ebay is selling chrome sets for $85. I've been meaning to pull the headlamp rings off my Fiat 124 Spider to see if they fit since I have some in my parts stash.
    Justin likes this.
  5. Lotsokids

Lotsokids Loyal Comrade

Yes. $5 each. Amazing. But the store I bought them from had no others. They are universal for the Trabi as far as I know.
  6. turbofiat124

Looks pretty sweet! I like your wheel covers. Did you buy those from an autopart store in Hungary? I can't seem to find any descent looking 13" hubcaps here in the United States. There once was a local place that sold used hubcaps, centers and wheels but they went out of business.

I wanted some chrome looking centers for the Panasports (minlight replicas) for my Fiat Spider after I had the wheels polished. I ended up finding some centers from an early 80s Mazda at that place. It took me about 2 hours to go through everything they had and I had to pull the front wheel off the car in their parking lot to make sure the center cap was going to clear the wheel bearing grease cap.

I don't have any close up shots but here is what they look like:

[​IMG]
  7. Lotsokids

Lotsokids Loyal Comrade

No, I bought these in Vienna, Austria.
  8. Renier

Renier Puttering Along

You really have no idea how much I love this..!
  9. turbofiat124

Lots of Kids, dumb question but are the tail light housings on Trabants made of alumnium? You look like you polished yours.

I have never removed them to know. I always thought they were made of Duraplast like the rest of the car.
  10. Lotsokids

Lotsokids Loyal Comrade

No, I just applied some aluminum tape around the sides and painted the inside with aluminum spray paint.