1. Lotsokids

Lotsokids Loyal Comrade

I just got the chrome pinstripes applied last night with the "Trabant" decal. I think it looks pretty good for applying all the trim freehand. Yes, it's not perfect.

[​IMG]

Here it is near some MiG-21s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Justin likes this.
  2. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

I am stealing those pictures!
    Lotsokids likes this.
  3. 60chevyjim

60chevyjim Puttering Along

it looks great !!! very nice job
  4. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

You mean you got them for $5.00 a piece? Are they universal or made for the car?

Some guy on Ebay is selling chrome sets for $85. I've been meaning to pull the headlamp rings off my Fiat 124 Spider to see if they fit since I have some in my parts stash.
    Justin likes this.
  5. Lotsokids

Lotsokids Loyal Comrade

Yes. $5 each. Amazing. But the store I bought them from had no others. They are universal for the Trabi as far as I know.
  6. turbofiat124

Looks pretty sweet! I like your wheel covers. Did you buy those from an autopart store in Hungary? I can't seem to find any descent looking 13" hubcaps here in the United States. There once was a local place that sold used hubcaps, centers and wheels but they went out of business.

I wanted some chrome looking centers for the Panasports (minlight replicas) for my Fiat Spider after I had the wheels polished. I ended up finding some centers from an early 80s Mazda at that place. It took me about 2 hours to go through everything they had and I had to pull the front wheel off the car in their parking lot to make sure the center cap was going to clear the wheel bearing grease cap.

I don't have any close up shots but here is what they look like:

[​IMG]
  7. Lotsokids

Lotsokids Loyal Comrade

No, I bought these in Vienna, Austria.
  8. Renier

Renier Puttering Along

You really have no idea how much I love this..!
  9. turbofiat124

Lots of Kids, dumb question but are the tail light housings on Trabants made of alumnium? You look like you polished yours.

I have never removed them to know. I always thought they were made of Duraplast like the rest of the car.
  10. Lotsokids

Lotsokids Loyal Comrade

No, I just applied some aluminum tape around the sides and painted the inside with aluminum spray paint.