1. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

2. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

in the uk you can get a good selection from motorbike shops a lot of smaller bikes are 6 volts but it may not be that easy in the us
  3. turbofiat124

For some reason 6 volt stuff is not that common at auto part stores over here. I think because most American cars switched to 12 volts in the mid 1950s. I don't know about motorcycles.

Advance auto only sells two variety of 6 volt bulbs. A single filament in one wattage to choose from (brake, tail, turn signal) and a dual filament bulb (front turn/park).

There is a guy downtown who restores and sells antique motorcycles like BSA, Triumphs, Hondas, etc. who might have some 6 volt bulbs. I haven't check with him.
  4. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

A lot of old Hondas were 6 volt so you may be able to get some from there,my local motorbike shop is only a small shop in a small town but carries a decent stock and always seems to have the ones I need for old bikes like for the clocks,gauges and lights they always seem to be missing
  5. Zausel

Zausel Loyal Comrade

I have a few hundred 6v bulbs I don't need, PM me if interested. I found instrument cluster LED bulbs (single LED, bulb base) for a few bucks each and they really are bright. I got blue, red and green for the cluster and whites for the back light.
  6. turbofiat124

Where did you find the 6 volt LED bulbs? Ebay?

The instrument cluster in my Citroen 2CV was really hard to see at night. It had a 12V 5 watt bulb but the glass had turned black. I found some LED bulbs and it works much better.

[​IMG]