1. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

2. Trabant_Mike

Trabant_Mike Puttering Along

New or not, that's still an ungodly amount of money to pay for a Trabi! Maybe in another few years it won't look so odd, but right now it's ridiculous.
  3. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Nice condition trabants from a dealer in UK can be £2000 plus so £7500 for a 'new' one isn't that outrageous . I reckon it will sell. Have a look on mobile.de to see what german prices are
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  4. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

so at current exchange that is 11,000 some say that is alot some may be be like ooo no. If it really is a 57 kilometer car you cant find them that low. that is the car in 5 years will only be more.
    yes you need to ship into the usa so 14 or 15k usd would be in the car.

so lets say you got a ruff one in germany say 1000 usd then 2-4k to get it shipped to the usa. Then you have it striped and painted. 3-6k depending on the job you get then 2k for int work, now you need to order all the parts for a motor for 1000 then other odds end for another 2k or 3k. then put it all back in just more money.

soon you see that restoring a car is a labor of love and very few make money on it.
    many times it is better to buy a better car then one that needs a ton of work.

this is so true on custom cars
  5. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

You can still find these cars with good paint and interior to use and enjoy for less than $5k, with shipping you're out about 6k. The only person who would spend so much for a car with only 57 km on it would be a museum or somebody who's just going to put it away and try to make a profit in the future (I wouldn't hold my breath on that).
  6. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

driver car vs a museum car.
    I agree if i was getting a driver i would not buy this
    if i had a show room and wanted a clean low low mile version this i feel is it.
    they are only original once