1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Hi guys,

Some of you I already met, to some of you I talked on the phone and most of you might know that I am planning a trip across the US with our beloved Trabant and will make a film about it. Enjoy the teaser I made and please reach out to me if you have questions, want to be part of the film or help out in any way.

Alex
  2. scarrabri

scarrabri Loyal Comrade

Wow ,this must be what dreams are made of and I only wish I way young and fit enough to join in this Adventure ,best of:):):):):) wishes to you my friend, Brian.
  3. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

If you make it around Idaho, I could meet you with one of my two trabis. Looks like a fun adventure. We should try to round up some of the other western states Trabi owner and have a small Western States Trabi Treffen at a national park or something. I know of another Trabi owner in Idaho and one in Utah, also a couple in Colorado.
    I tried to organize a Western States Trabi Treffen on two previous occasions (once at Bryce Canyon Utah and once at Yellowstone) but they both fizzled out and never happened.
    scarrabri likes this.
  4. Keri

Keri Leader

If you are going through Chicago, you simply must stop by the Haymarket Memorial, birthplace of the 8-hour workday.

The East Germans were very interested in this, as I understand.

And of course, will be happy to meet you!
  5. Aaron

Aaron Leader

Looks like a great trip! Keep us posted. Great taste in Music too!
  6. Bountyflyer

Bountyflyer Premium Member Forum Donor

If you need help shipping the car, I've found a very inexpensive way on the VW boat out of Emden. If you need any help with anything let me know! I live North of Houston and imported many many things in the past. Also I hope that you will stop by my place and look at my East German collection. Dreams are important! Gives you something to live for! Do you have a route planned out yet?