1. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

My wife, daughter and I decided we go in the Trabant for a drive today.

The power steering pump high side pressure hose is spewing fluid on my van and the hose won't be here until Monday. I didn't want it to bust and my van go up in flames! I was going to take my wife for a ride in my Citroen 2CV for the first time but I have not yet mounted rear seat belts in it for my daughter's car seat.

So any reason is a good excuse to drive a Trabant!

We were heading downtown and I noticed the road blocked and some activity going on and I remembered it was Oktoberfest this weekend. The main attraction (of course) was the beer garden which showcases local microbrewery/craft beer companies and boy were people lined up to get in!

I was trying to make a detour at the round-a-bout when there was a small European car show going on and I was motioned by someone to attend.

So I parked my car and we had lunch and walked around. I did not expect to win anything and hadn't washed my car in months (being we were in a drought this summer anyway) yet won best classic car! If I had intended to go I would have washed my car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Caleb, Keri, BillB and 2 others like this.
  2. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

that must have been a nice surprise i bet there ar,nt many trabis what can say that they,ve been awarded best classic,how do you get your wife to go in the car mine wont go near it let alone in it
  3. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Loyal Comrade

Good for you! My wife, who has family from the former East Germany, and grew up around so-called "uncomfortable cars" in the UK, won't ride in it, either. She is starting to warm up to the idea of it, since the Trabi won first prize at the local cruise night (A gift card to a restaurant). Now she's going with me, and riding in, the Trabi to the Parade of Trabants in Nov. in DC.
  4. turbofiat124

She likes riding in it as long as it's not sweltering hot. Yesterday it was around 70F.
  5. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

My wife has been in it once under protest to the local car show on August bank holiday Monday she said it was,nt as bad as she thought it would be but refuse to go in again
  6. turbofiat124

My wife is just not much into car shows. Too much walking and standing around for her. Plus my daughter starts getting impatient.
  7. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Sounds like a common problem for us aficionados. :)