1. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Pics show it wearing British license plates so I asked whether he has a US title (the year listed is wrong) and my message bounced back saying something about his server will not accept this type of message. Seems weird.
  2. Aaron

Aaron Leader

This is an Annen special. This is the actual car I drove to Maryland for, and upon arrival was completely disappointed. It's a very photogenic car...It always looks amazing in pictures. At the time, it didn't really run smooth (carb issues, no biggie)..It did have a rusted rear trunk base, painted by hand and had drips/brush marks, etc.

Owner didn't pay more than $3500 two years ago. If it gets to $5700 I bet the auction will end and itll magically get back on ebay.

The British license plate indicates a salvage unit, and I tracked this car down to being part of that Graham Gooddells trabi collection that was in England years ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1474605/Collector-with-49-Trabants-told-to-sell-cars.html

In my humble opinion this is a $3k car and no more....assuming it hasn't been worked on since I saw it last spring.
  3. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Well I did get a reply from him. He says it has a title stating 1974 but didn't say what state it's titled in. You're right it looks good in the pics!
  4. Aaron

Aaron Leader

When I was there it had NY title...Annen told me he imported it, sold it, then bought it back from the guy he sold it to (kind added suspicion to the whole thing to me)....This car is bizarre, having been to England, Maryland, NY, Florida, etc.
  5. TNTrabi

TNTrabi Lord Trabi Forum Donor

I called the guy that is selling it and he said it has an open Texas title. He didn't know squat about the car
    But dos say that all of the other cars in his 'collection' were high end cars. I'd pass on that one!
  6. Aaron

Aaron Leader

Really weird......
  7. Andras K

Andras K Newbie

8. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

@Andras K if you haven't already, create a separate thread in the for sale section for your car.