1. Bountyflyer

Bountyflyer Premium Member Forum Donor

I just got back from Hungary where I've bought 150 NOS rear lower seats still in factory plastic. Two weeks ago there were 300 of them but since then they sold some and junked some...

Unfortunately they are hard to transport with the frame, foam and horse hair attached so I've removed a few seat covers. Again these seats have never been in a car.

One pace would cover one part of a front seat. So to fix a complete front seat you would need two seat covers. (Provided that your vinyl parts are ok)

There is a thin layer of foam right under the cloth material. This glue/foam has disintegrated and it flyes everywhere. Before you would take it to your apholstery shop, you will need to remove all the white dust by hand or by a vacum. When you install it on the seat, I would put a thin layer of foam under the cloth.

I have both colors, the older black/gray and the newer yellow color. I have about six of each color. I had a bunch of new Barkas parts with me so I couldn't fit more in to my bags.

I've paid a bunch of money for these, then I had to move them across Budapest and I had to empty one of the rooms in my bro's old house. So I can't give them away for free.

I can ship them out with Fedex or USPS. $70 per pace so to have enugh for one front seat it would be $140 plus shipping. You can pay with paypal.

If you think it thru that what did I had to go thru to get these, this price is really not much. The next shipment will come when my brother will visit me in August or September.

If nobody interested, then I'll just keep them for the future. This is something will never be made again, and good luck finding usable seat covers anywhere... These seats had a life span of about 50000 kms

Let me know if interested. I'm not too motivated to sell these, I can use 32 of them between my 2 Barkases plus I just used a few more to fix up my vintage looking Trabi.

Let me know if there is any interest at all. I still have a bunch of Barkas parts what needs to be brought over, so when my brother will come in August, he could just bring those Barkas parts instead of seat covers...

If you need seat springs or foam, I could bring some as well.
    image.jpg
  2. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

Do you have ant seat covers that are made for the seats with the headrests? My drivers seat is starting to look worn out.
  3. Keri

Keri Leader

These are seat bottoms for the rear seat only, correct?

Mine is shot!

The rear seat bottom and top on my car are just awful. I can save the frames and springs, but that's about it.

How much to ship to Chicago, Illinois, USA?
  4. Bountyflyer

Again, all the seats I've got are for the rear bottom. To use them on the front seats you will need to take them to an uppholstery shop and have them use it as a raw material. Cut out the pattern your seat require and throw away the rest. It doesn't metter you have a head rest or not. The shop will take it apart and will reuse the vinyl part of the seat. The vinyl part usually doesn't wore out only the cloth does.

And for Keri, if your lower rear seat cover is torn, you could use what I got without cutting it up offcourse! Be very careful to do the change outside, that white dust is horrible what will be there.... I can send you a pace what has the side vinyl in good shape as well. You will find two metal "ears" on the side what you will need to unfold by hand, and you can just pull off your old cover. I would put some 1/4 inch foam on before you install the new one on.

I'm in Houston, and I'm pretty sure that I could FedEx it over to you for less then $15.

How does your upper part looks like? I'm not sure if the lower material will provide enugh for the upper (vertical) part of your back seat.

In a year or two I'm planning to bring a container with full of Trabi and Barkas parts. Then I'll bring over all the seats and pulled off covers. I'll let everyone know in advance, and I'll take orders to fill up the container. This will offset my cost to bring my parts in. Since parts are desappearing, if anyone needs anything, I'll need time to dig and collect stuff.

I can get new brake drums and exhaust systems, or windshields in unlimited quantities, but not sure about anything else...
  5. Bountyflyer

Keri,

How is your vinyl part on your vertical seat? My friends are coming next month, I could ask them to find you a usable pace, but I'm not sure if I could talk them into pulling it off a seat. They hate to deal with the "white dust"...

But if your vinyl is in usable shape, then worst case you could use two of the lower seatcover materials to make it happen. Just need to make an extra sawing line. It should work.
  6. JASONCHAD

I guess I haven't paid that much attention. Are all Trabi seat covers the same color?
  7. Bountyflyer

No, the old ones are black/gray with black vinyl and the new ones are yellow/black cloth with yellowish vinyl
  8. Brian Krustchinsky

Brian Krustchinsky Loyal Comrade

how much for a front set, shipped to Texas
  9. JASONCHAD

I will go to the paint shop this week to see if my seats match the ones you have. If they do I will take two...thanks!
  10. Bountyflyer

MATCH?! I'm pretty sure that one of them will. Unless someone has redone your car seats with non factory stuff. I have the older one (Greayish blackish) and the newer one (dark oragneish blakish) as well. I've only brought over 4 rear lower seatcovers from each of the colors so first come first served... If you buy all 4 (form either one) I'll sell them for $200 plus shipping (from Houston) to repair one front seat, you will need to use two of them. Let me know.

Next time I'll bring more from Hungary in August
  11. Bennyahc

Bennyahc Puttering Along

I'll need new seats eventualy.
  12. Bountyflyer

I only have seat covers at the moment. In Hungary I have new complete lower seats in both colors, but I'll need to bring those home in a container...

I see that you are from the UK, my brother could ship you new seat covers out of Hungary. But these are only for the rear lower seat. It has the size to cut and saw new front seat covers as well. The material is the most valuable because it's not made any more, and an original Trabi seat lasts about 50-70000 Kms only.
  13. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn Loyal Comrade

good to know ....

i know of a few abandoned trabis in europe ...

when i go the next time, i ll have to go find them and start stripping them for parts ( like heads, instrument panel, water pump, etc .... )
  14. Bountyflyer

Heads instrument panels and WATER PUMP?! None of these are valuable. I keep seeing brand new speedometers on Ebay, and the instrument panels are never go bad unless someone cut them out to put a larger stereo in it.... No comment on the water pump....
  15. Cessnapilot89

Cessnapilot89 Puttering Along

Do these work in the P50?
  16. Bountyflyer

Sorry, these are for the 601. Www.Trabantwelt.de sells a real nice retro fabric for a P50! I would buy the material from them and have some one saw it together for you.
    Cessnapilot89 likes this.
  17. Cessnapilot89

Cessnapilot89 Puttering Along

Thank you sir!
  18. Bill Overbaugh

Bill Overbaugh King Trabi Administrator Forum Donor

I might be interested in a water pump. I noticed mine doesnt have one. ;)