1. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

I have bought a spares van it is earlier model so i have some surplus parts that don't fit my late van ,big items are a gearbox (cable clutch type) and a complete sirroko petrol heater
    E-mail me at edwinbeamish{AT} yahoo.co.uk
    i have lots of smaller stuff like sun visors,jack etc
    Justin likes this.
  2. Bountyflyer

Bountyflyer Premium Member Forum Donor

I'm looking for two original tire wrenches, and an old steering wheel rod what goes between the floor and the steering wheel. Also it would be nice to have and old dashboard. I have the main part already what unscrews from the dash and includes the instruments. I only need the rest of the dash....
  3. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

[​IMG]

hello is this what you want? Ten pounds but do you realise i,m in UK postage will be expensive if you are still in Texas
  4. Bountyflyer

Yes! This is exactly what I'm looking for! I'm trying to find one for a while now!

Can you ask for shipping options? Just pack it up and try UPS or FedEx and if both are too expensive you can still send it to Hungary to my brother's place.

What is the closest International airport to your house? I fly for free, I could just go over and get it, or my friend John who lives in Denver goes back to the UK often, he could bring it back with him.

I would most deffenetly pay more for this then £10!

Can you take a picture of the dash? I don't need the instrument part (unless you don't have a use for it) just the rest if it's the old fashion flat one. It should unscrew from the body. If you cut it into half, It would fit next to the steering shaft? I could weld it back together once here.

Do you have rims with hubcap holders? They look like the old VW rims with the wide bolt pattern. I would just need the hub cap holder rings off of them IF you can't use them.

Let me ask my frie d John, he said he knows you...

Cheers, Peter
  5. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Both Belfast Airports are about 50 miles from me. I will parcel it up and weigh/measure it and then you might be able to find a cheap way of sending it. Royal Mail is easiest but very expensive. Sadly i didn't keep dash as it was different to mine i sold the instruments and scrapped the rest as i don't have much storage space.I have 3 spare rims but i think they are later as there are no clips for hubcaps
  6. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

If i remove joint from end i think I can send it to john short in england for £6.40 using collect plus .It measures 650mm long and weighs about 4.5 kilo WITHOUT any box or wrapping
  7. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

8. Bountyflyer

Regardless of weight, what else do you have left of the van what you want to part with? Is there anything what you are looking for and I could help you out with? I'm looking for this steeri g column for a long time now!

I found a flight to BFS airport, could make a trip, the flight leaves from Newark.
    But sending it to Hungary could be an option as well. My friend is coming next month from Budapest, he could bring it with him.
    Thank you Peter
  9. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

10. Bill Overbaugh

Bill Overbaugh King Trabi Administrator Forum Donor

I need a gearbox pretty badly! If that's still available, let me know a price and I'll take it!
    Obviously I'll pay for shipping.
  11. barkas maybe

barkas maybe Newbie

Do you still have the steering wheel.I have a 1983 Barkas.I think it will fit mine.I live in panama city beach Florida.32413.just got the van doing some electric and brake work on it right now.but have not been able to find any steering wheels on any of the ebays or part stores in germany.thanks