1. BillB

BillB Loyal Comrade

Finally got it all together and been hitting a number of area "cruise nights". Two responses, "what is it?" from the locals and "Oh my god, it's a Trabi!" from the many Eastern block US immigrants in the area. The car is like a tractor beam pulling people in to take a look. Always very popular and everyone asks questions. 20108269_10156470958948345_8660994720472352298_n.jpg
    Keri and RogerDerSchrauber like this.
  2. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Loyal Comrade

Exactly my experience here in MA as well, Bill. I am often the last person to leave these cruise nights because there is so much interest in it.
  3. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Yeah same here in England. Always draws the crowds. Not bad for the "worst car in the world" reputation that they were tagged with!
    RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  4. RogerDerSchrauber

Bill, I like the new wheel color.
  5. BillB

BillB Loyal Comrade

Thank you Roger. I like the look to be as original as possible. Fresh/correct front seats coming soon.
    Steve, yes and I've found Heike to be pretty solid and reliable. If you consider the resources and economic conditions of the DDR, the Trabant is a miracle car (my .02)
    I've decided to make a larger info board (like 18" x 24") with Trabi info that I can bring along to shows for basic "self service" Q & A.
    The one I have currently is too small (11" x 17"), too much info (stories that everyone loves) that I have to keep repeating as it's too difficult to read (small font).
    RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  6. RogerDerSchrauber

I just have a couple f info sheets ("What is it?") tacked to the inside windows. I still end up doing "the talk" because people are so curious. As a local ice cream parlor, I had a crowd around it, even before I'd parked the car.
  7. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

same issue here in az, i use a 8x10 basic facts when i bring the car out but people always ask about it