1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. craigt3

craigt3 Puttering Along

Anyone know where I can fond the colour code for my trabant 601

Attached Files:

• Trab.jpg
      Trab.jpg
      File size:
      460.2 KB
      Views:
  2. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

It's not on the car . Looking at that photo i'm guessing paprus white but not certain ?
  3. craigt3

craigt3 Puttering Along

only problem is where to buy it in the uk, its more of a cream colour then a white
  4. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Take a head lamp rim into a paint shop and get a aerosol made up /or tin of paint
  5. craigt3

craigt3 Puttering Along

Cracking idea, never thought of that, thanks
  6. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

A decent paint/bodyshop should be able to match very closely . Maybe ask your mechanic for recommendations where to buy
    craigt3 likes this.
  7. alexddr

alexddr Newbie

Hi craigt3. I'm restoring my Trabant and I found original colours made by Lechler. Take a look on the website: for sure there is a dealer next to you, they are present all over the world. Hope that can help you.
  8. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

I got my paint mixed by my local paint shop we call it hearing aid beige it's a perfect match and cost about £12 for half a litre of cellelose