1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Cold-War-Charlie

Cold-War-Charlie Von Trabi Forum Donor

This dealer in the UK is doing some strichtarn sets with webbing for a bargain

The eBay item number is 171103412074
  2. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

The price is very good for the collection. I don't like the size available but that is just because I want to be able to wear it.
  3. Cold-War-Charlie

He does have other sizes in stock so he would mix match
  4. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I looked for other auctions and didn't see any of other sizes. I will have to establish contact (unless you already have).
  5. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I am pretty tall so SG and UG is a must for my trousers.
  6. Cold-War-Charlie

The dealers name is Alastair and he has an amazing stock. Just drop him an email.
  7. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I will do it tonight and let you know what I find out.
  8. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

9. Cold-War-Charlie

Yes. The guy that runs that site is an ex East German soldier himself called Torsten
  10. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Outstanding! I now make the connection, he is very active in ebay and sends email heads up on things. I didn't know he was XNVA though. The information always seemed to work for me so far. If I get a reply from Alistair, I will post to you in the helmet thread.
  11. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

correction, I will post it here, I thought we were in a Wartburg thread for some reason. No word as of this morning. I will be getting my uniforms out for a good airing before I need to wear one again, perhaps in Nov. at the International Spy Museum. Which reminds me, there seems not to be much posted on that Premier Trabant Event. I will study the forum and post a picture or two that people emailed to me, btw, me in GTdDDR.
  12. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I posted a pic at http://trabantforums.com/threads/parade-of-trabants-7th-annual-meet.884/ in which you can see the uniform. The problem is that the pants are so short that I have to tuck. I don't mind it, and it looks okay, but I didn't see any like that on 10 Nov. to 13 Nov.,1989 when i was there at the wall. The second pic shows my hat in the rear, I had driven this couple around the block so I had removed my cover. It is, unfortunately an MdI. Since then, I did get an NVA GTdDDR which fits. You can tell that the sized are large to accommodate my long arms etc. any comments on that outfit here please.
  13. Cold-War-Charlie

You wearing a winter Jacket with a summer one by the looks of it and also the shirt and tie wouldnt have been worn but a false collar (can take a pic if you like) is buttoned into the inside of the jacket. Hat wise it would have been either an M56 or overseas cap.
  14. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Officers were wearing the peaked hat with the shirt and tie under just like I did. It was Nov. then and Nov. when I wore this garb. The previous time I was there (2009), I wore an overseas cap, as enlisted men had on that day, (no shirt and tie, like them, but the inside collar strip should have been visible, I didn't use it), didnt have a coat then, and didn't need one. I will dig up one of those pics someplace.
  15. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Unfortunately, he said this...

Hi all the items I currently have is listed on ebay

Alistair
  16. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

Anybody know how thick (thin) these pants are he is selling? I've been trying to find some very thin pants to wear during the summer. I can't wear shorts at work and it get's pretty hot inside the plant. I bought some at Wal-Mart but they wore out and haven't been able to find any since.

[​IMG]

Here's my ushanka. Apparantly what I have is the real deal. Notice the plastic band inside the headliner. Even the emblem on the front is the same.

http://www.germandotmilitaria.com/engine/inspect.asp?Item=8116&Filter=East German, DDR
  17. Cold-War-Charlie

There are 3 types of Trousers. Para with the Diamond shaped knee pads, Winter which are lined and padded and summer which are standard.
  18. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

There is a 4th and a 5th kind but neither is DDR production. There are winter reproductions made in China for sale at sportsmansguide.com and there are (were) RL Polo pants in summer wieght but with no buttons at the bottom and with zipper fly, oh and no suspender attachement inside. Naturally that last one says Polo jeans or something like that. Will take a picture of what is left of a pair which I wore the heck out of.
  19. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Sportsmansguide.com http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/search/eSearch.aspx?SearchTerms=east german&eMode= doesn't have those "East German" winter pants (Made in China) any more. They do have a few other things from time to time. I just hate that they refuse to use the DDR sizes, instead they use someone's wrong or off idea of size conversions.
    Here are my Ralph Lauren "NVA" Pants. I bought them at Marshall's in Portsmouth, NH. For our non-American readers, Marshall's sells higher name brand items which didn't sell well otherwise in the other stores or outlets for bargain prices. There were two pairs of these, both my size and I only bought one. I am such a Dummkopt! That was in 2000 and I have worn them much.
    IMG_20130823_165541.jpg IMG_20130823_165616.jpg IMG_20130823_165626.jpg IMG_20130823_165637.jpg IMG_20130823_165550.jpg IMG_20130823_165603.jpg IMG_20130823_165649.jpg IMG_20130823_165744.jpg
  20. Cold-War-Charlie

I managed to buy this today for £10

[​IMG]