1. Bountyflyer

Bountyflyer Premium Member Forum Donor

image.jpg
    Last weekend I took the Trabant out to the golf course. I wasn't sure if they would even approve the thing since it's aint a Rolls Royce.... This picture is from Sunday. They put me next to a 1954 Allard and a 64 Porsche 356. I had lots of fun pointing out the difference between East and West Germany!
    image.jpg
    When I arrived on Friday there were a bunch of mini cars lined up for the auction with World Wide Auctionhouse. I had to park right next to them!
    image.jpg
    On Friday we went for a 50 mile ride around the lake. Stopped for lunch at the airport where I took the next picture. When we started, a Rolls was following me. The driver told me that I made him worried because he thought that his million dollar car caught on fire. He was keep sniffing around until he finally realized that he is following a Trabant....
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    The Rolls Royce club was present with many nice and shiny cars.
    image.jpg
    Some of these cars were sold on the auction the day before. Almost all of them were 100 points cars!
    image.jpg
    A 1910 Bianchi Landaulet
    image.jpg
    1909 Hupmobile (NOT Humpmobile)
    image.jpg
    An original paint never been restored subercharged Alfa Romeo. Part of the program was to educate some lucky kids about classic cars.
    image.jpg
    Rightfully I was in the competition class.
    image.jpg
    I just loved the late model Fiat 500! I used to drive one to high school in Hungary.
    image.jpg
    I was very supriesed when all the judges liked the Trabant mostly because of it's colorful life, it's participation in the Monaco Historique Rally and because the history it represent. I actually got a class winner plaque!
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
    frogbros, vdubbin and Wartburg353W like this.
  2. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

Looks like a great car show! I have my Trabant and Wartburg entered in my first car show ever on the first weekend in June. I am looking forward to it.

Thanks for sharing!
  3. Phil Tracy

Phil Tracy Puttering Along

Dude that's awesome :)

Love the fleet pics!