1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Is it just me, or does anyone else love the way every little part of East German cars is stamped with a number and a date, and often a quality code?
    [​IMG]
    trabant601 likes this.
  2. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

So far I've noticed just about everything on a Trabant seems to have DDR stamped on it somewhere.
  3. Bill Overbaugh

Bill Overbaugh King Trabi Administrator Forum Donor

I noticed today my coils on my 1986 trabi are marked 1983 and 1977
  4. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I wanted to read the "1" in the triangle but it just isn't obvious. Please show me this label next time I look under your bonnet. I wonder if that motor came from the same place that made the electric motors for that electric vehicles that the DDR dabbled in for a while.
  5. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

So you are running two 6 volt coils on a 12V electrical system?

My father's 58 Ford tractor was converted from a 6V positive ground/generator to a 12V negative ground/AC Delco alternator. The coil is rather rusty so I can't tell if it's 6 or 12 volts but seems like the polarity on the coil was reversed s
  6. Bill Overbaugh

Bill Overbaugh King Trabi Administrator Forum Donor

I think they're 12v coils. Ill see if theres any more info on them. Seems like 6v coils would provide a pretty weak spark on an otherwise 12v car.