1. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

I ordered this off eBay, I'm pretty stoked to get it, I haven't seen too many that are an actual plaque and not stickers.

[​IMG]
  2. paulymx

paulymx Leader

Neat. I have one on the rear of my Troll.
  3. Justin

It was kind of hard to find this, I just got lucky and saw it online. I did searches online for a plaque like this for a while but only came back with the stickers.

I can't wait for it to get here, I think it left England yesterday.
  4. Comrade-Paul

Comrade-Paul Newbie

Excellent !!
    No Trabi should be seen without it's DDR plate.
    Here's mine . . .
    [​IMG]

:geek: :geek: :geek:
  5. Justin

That looks great!

I can't wait for mine to get here and my car to be done so I can put it on. It will be the Pièce de résistance
  6. Comrade-Paul

Comrade-Paul Newbie

Aint that the truth ! :cool:
  7. bttw

bttw Owner, Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Love your ride. Looks really slick and clean.
  8. Justin

This is lame for me to post, which is why I am putting it here instead of giving it it's own topic, but I got my new Trabi keychain from the UK today.
    [​IMG]

Excuse the bad picture, it just shows how great of a camera that BlackBerrys have.
  9. aardvark64

aardvark64 Puttering Along

One of these is a sticker:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plaques look better to me, but the black paint comes off the cheap ones!

Best wishes, Colin
  10. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

You will know it is real NOS if it smells really bad. They really made some stinky stuff in the DDR. Curious what the EVP says on the back when you get it. EVP is the Individual Sales Price (Einzelhandelverkaufspreis). You can find an EVP on almost every DDR Product, including many Trabant parts.
    Have fun
  11. Justin

That is really good information, I will smell it and check the back when it arrives. I had no idea that is a way to kind of check for legitimacy. I'll post as soon as I find out.
  12. bttw

bttw Owner, Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

That is hilariously disgusting. Very interesting though. :lol:
  13. Bill

Bill Smoking Along

I have one on my Kombi! That is my wife pretending she dosen't mind standing next to the Trabant.
  14. paulymx

paulymx Leader

On the back of my Troll
    [​IMG]
  15. nefarious

nefarious Newbie

I bought some off a guy here in the UK about a year ago as they were cheap enough, thinking I may never get the chance to get another... but we went to Berlin last week and almost every souvenir shop had stacks of them, they varied in quality (all were reproduction), but most were around the 20 Euro price.
  16. Justin

I don't remember what I paid for mine. I got it off eBay from a guy in the UK.
  17. Keri

Keri Leader

I got one from eBay too!

It's huge, like 9 inches, and fits the holes on my car.

The backside is marked "06/88" and "EVP 1,35".

The paint is still slightly stinky!
  18. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

I did not know that. One of my bosses makes trips back to Germany quite frequently. You know, the Germans get 6 weeks of manditory vacation right off the bat and all. It took me 20 years of service to earn six weeks of vacation!

I'll have to get her to look for me one. I asked if she didn't mind if I could have some parts mailed to an address within Germany and she could bring them back with her on the plane since DHL costs out the nose to ship parts to the US.