1. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Ok, burocracy strikes again. Even though I sent my original Trabant service book pages containing VIN (chassis number), DDR number plate details, date of first registration, and dealer stamped dated service details, photos of my car chassis plate with matching details, they still want further dating evidence. In their words, "If the vehicle manufacturer is no longer in existence we will consider accepting dating evidence from an alternative reliable source such as a vehicle owners club or enthusiasts club."
    Aaaaargh!

So who is the person to approach to get some dating evidence to satisfy DVLA? Has anyone on this forum recently been successful by doing this?
  2. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Try Simon Clamp of IFA owners club . The DVLA will definitely accept a letter from the UK club. I seem to remember Justin (in america ) saying he could also help . Geoff Armitage did my barkas letter but he died recently however i'm sure Simon will help with a suitable letter
  3. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

There are private firms that will date your car for you but you would have to pay......
  4. aardvark64

aardvark64 Puttering Along

John Rushbrooke did mine. Don't know if he's still doing them? Good luck with the registration.

/Colin
  5. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Mel Holley, IFA club UK secretary is coming to inspect and do a report for DVLA this Monday evening. Things are getting better!
  6. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

The dvla like to make you jump through some hoops good luck
  7. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Great i bet you can't wait to start driving hopefully it will be registered soon
  8. phi

phi Loyal Comrade

9. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Mmm. Thanks for that, but I wonder why if that information is readily available on various sites at the click of a mouse and takes less than a minute in time, why the person at the DVLA can't do the same as I have just done on my computer. It would save time, money (DVLA posted my application back at their expense and now I have to re-send it back to them) as I have had to join the IFA UK club (£12) and pay the guy who is coming to inspect it. Or is it that the DVLA don't trust the average Trabant enthusiast to supply the correct VIN number, etc.?
  10. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

When there were local DVLA offices i took my barkas in for an inspection . I showed him the chassis number and also the VIN plate . The year of manufacture was stamped on VIN plate but he wouldn't accept it as proof of age and insisted on me getting a dating letter .
  11. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

My Yamaha dt is an American import only made for 1 year and has a manufacturers sticker stating the date of manufacture which the dvla won't accept as proof of manufacture they need a letter off Yamaha saying when it was made,Yamaha don't have any records going back that far but will accept the sticker sa proof of age!as I said earlier the dvla make you jump through some hoops