1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Rangie999

Rangie999 Puttering Along

Looking forward to ride in that... So far my experience of Trabant is just one....mine. Need a benchmark as I'm not completely sure I've got everything as good as it should be on mine yet! Although it's starting to rack up the miles now....
  2. Rangie999

If I knew how to add a picture from an iPad you could have several!!! Grrrr......
  3. Go to upload a file,then choose a file then choose your pic,then post reply.
  4. Rangie999

All my pictures are too big apparently. Back in the office later this week so will maybe see if I can reduce the size of one for you!! I'm not a great computer nerd!!
  5. Nor me,lol,is yours a Kombi?
  6. Rangie999

No a beige saloon.... Was a scrapper really but I fell for its rusty charms and have brought her back from the brink. I have maybe done more than I wanted but we are getting there slowly. Ironically I was in Southwold last night and parked next to a new Bentley. Not on purpose it was the only space available..... Turns out a few quids worth of beige Trabant is more interesting than £150k of pose.
    I've not restored more recommissioned if that makes sense....it still looks like it may have actually driven through the Berlin Wall!!
  7. Sounds good,yeah funny how some cars at shows etc are invisible but the Trabants get a lot of attention,mines from Hungary.
  8. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

When I took mine to the local show there was a crowd round it most of the time it was the least expensive car there but stood out amongst all the mgs
  9. Good to meet you today Matthew and thanks again for the wiper part.
  10. Rangie999

How did you get on going home? Bit rainy..... you posting a picture up??
  11. Yeah was ok thanks,some rain,but my one wiper coped! How about you?

Attached Files:

12. Rangie999

All good!

Was that the inaugural meeting of the eastern Trabbi's? We need more!!
  13. Yes,from small acorns,I'm working on it.
  14. petrolpaulie

petrolpaulie Newbie

Hello there, I live in Norfolk, my name is Paul. I have seen a Trabant for sale on the Czech / German border, I am about to email the man to ask if I can come and buy it, and then drive it back to the UK.
    However, I have never seen a Trabant other than in pictures, I wonder, before I jump in at the deep end, would someone be willing to let me walk round their Trabant and sit in the drivers seat so that I could get a general idea of what owning one would be like, this would be very very helpful to me, I am willing to travel up to 2 hours.
    Thank you. Paul.
  15. Are you on Facebook? If so I have a fledgling page :-
    East Anglia Eastern Blocheads
    Give me a pm on there
  16. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

hi im near sheffield your welcome to come and have a look around mine unfortunatly the engines out at the moment awaiting parts for a rebuild so it can,t be driven,i know im a bit far from you there are some people near you
  17. There's very tidy one on flea bay,the guys only in Berkshire,bit closer than Czech/German border,it's registered here as well,saves all that language/poor exchange rate problem.Come and take a look at mine I'm near Bury St Edmunds Suffolk ,if you would like to your more than welcome.
  18. petrolpaulie

petrolpaulie Newbie

Thank you very much for your reply, I am not on face book but my partners niece is, so I think she will be able to show me how to do it at weekend. Thank's again, Paul.
  19. petrolpaulie

petrolpaulie Newbie

Thank you very much for your kind reply, I hope you get it back on the road soon.
    Thank you, Paul.