1. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I missed that one. Is USA ebay and Canada the same? I must admit I wasn't looking because I "think" I have the right hat for what I am trying to do. Look above, just emblem, no wreath, is enlisted. This does not apply to peaked visor caps though, correct me please if I stray from accuracy, the "chin" cord (which should not be used ever) tells enlisted vs. officer.
  2. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I think you posted it correctly and it is an interesting thread. Thanks for starting it.
  3. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

Mine has the fold down visor and the chin cord.
  4. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I'd like to see that. I will take a pic of mine one of these days. Maybe Laterday.
  5. turbofiat124

The chin cord is the same thing that holds the ear flaps together as seen in the original photo. There is a button on one side attached and on the other is a short strap with two slots cut into it to make it adjustable. But once the ear flaps are pulled down the straps keeps the flaps so the press up against your ears.

Unless we are talking about two different chin straps?

And yes this hat is quit itchy with the ear flaps down and so is the chin strap. I only do that when the wind is blowing like mad.
  6. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Sounds russian
  7. turbofiat124

No I think they are two different sites. Ebay.ca .

I actually went through an Army surplus store I found on the web after doing a search for Ushanka. I have yet to figure out which countries tack on import duties and sales tax. Canada sure does. I'm not sure what rate it is. Germany charges 19%. Seems like items I have ordered from the UK, there is no import duty or tax applied to the order. Royal mail is not too bad on their rates compared to Canada.

I don't think Slovenia charges tax but shipping from there is damn expensive. I ordered a short throw shifter for my Yugo and shipping was about $50 and the shifter was just in a bubble wrap envelope so it weighed less than 5 pounds. More like 2 or 3 lbs. Then later some stabilizer bars and shipping was around $50 as well.

I also ordered a pirate PCI FM transmitter card from Slovenia and shipping was $50. Must be a $50 minimum thing..
  8. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Thanks for that info. I hadn't thought about those things. Sure didnt know there was an ebay.ca....
  9. Cold War Suzi

Cold War Suzi Mistress Trabi Forum Donor

Hi
    I am selling my Ushanka it is an East German NVA type with the other ranks cockade. It says it is a size 58 but its more like a 57cm. I am looking for £15 plus postage. pics below

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cold-War-Charlie likes this.
  10. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

trabant601 likes this.
  11. Cold-War-Charlie

Cold-War-Charlie Von Trabi Forum Donor

Justin can you do a DDR uniform/equipment section in the for sale section :)
  12. Justin

I just made a general other section :)
  13. Justin

14. Cold-War-Charlie

Cool. I will let Suzi know
    Justin likes this.
  15. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

that is a great idea for anyone who desires such things. me included.
  16. Keri

Keri Leader

"IF" I ever get an Ushanka, the only emblem thing I would be interested in is a plain single red star.
    I might even have one already handy!

Would it look best on a white or black Ushanka? I have 2 winter coats, one white and one black. Maybe I should get both?
  17. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I say both, specially if they match the coat. Check out Nikita's hat. Hers is not DDR, or at least not NVA or MdI.
  18. Cold-War-Charlie

Keri. This is an example of what DDR Females wore as headgear..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are quite cute ;-0
    turbofiat124 and trabant601 like this.
  19. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I like the pictures. What did they wear in cold weather? I always liked that Nikita song and was SHOCKED to see it played by a VJ in a FDJ Jugendtourist Discoteke in Erfurt in 1986. I could only look around and see the look on the attendees faces. I will never forget it. What a great memory this thread has stimulated.
  20. turbofiat124

My daughter modeling my Russian Ushanka.

[​IMG]
    trabant601 likes this.