1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

When I was in Europe back in 2000, the Euro and the US dollar ratio was about 1 to 1.
    Since buying Trabant parts from Germany, the dollar hasn't been worth as much as the Euro. Somthing like 1 to 1.3.

As of today 1 Euro is worth US$1.09 . So now is a great time to order stuff from countries that accept the Euro.

https://www.google.com/#safe=active&q=euro to us dollar

Still the US dollar is worth little more than half that as a UK pound. Is that way Britian is still hanging onto Sterling and not gone exclussively with the Euro?
  2. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

I know it's great. I'm going to Germany this summer for a vacation and I've bought some Euros ahead of time in case the dollar weakens again. But if it stays low, I will buy some more. I only wish I could pay for more of the travel expenses up front while the rate is so good. England won't go on the Euro because the Pound is too important to them. I don't think Americans will ever give up the dollar either. Also it would mean giving up sole control over its own currency and turning it over to Frankfurt. It's amazing they even talked France into such a thing.
  3. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

Where are you planning on going in Germany?
  4. Wartburg353W

To Eisenach, the hometown of Wartburgs of course! :) I will attend the annual car show there.
  5. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

I lived in Eisenach for 6 months. Great place. I am jealous. Wartburg castle is a must see of course. Drachenschlucht is a great day hike. Cool salt mine not to far from there. Down town area is fun to hang out.
  6. Wartburg353W

We'll be doing some sightseeing of course, attending the car show of course, and visiting the AWE museum, which has a whole new wing just recently opened.