1. VADOC

VADOC Premium Member Forum Donor

Can't seem to get my fuel leak under control
    Leaking from my fuel shutoff valve, have installed new gaskets but to no avail
    I'm located in West Virginia, USA
    Thanks
    Michael
  2. radioman

radioman Premium Member Forum Donor

Hi Michael
    Fix the leaking valve buy a complete recon kit...heard they can be devils even new valve at the worst
    Or does the tank have holes in it...if so get it brazed or welded
  3. VADOC

I bought a re-con kit from Trabant Welt, This seem to work for a while, however last night started to pour gas so I'm trying to explore alternatives
    Thanks
  4. radioman

radioman Premium Member Forum Donor

They can be fickle beasts Pity we can't find a modern fuel vale from a bike maybe
    Good luck,lets us know how you fair Keith
  5. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

@VADOC, Remind me, where in WV are you located?
  6. VADOC

Hi Justin
    Princeton, which is in the southern part of the state
  7. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

Not to thread jack, I ask because I'm interviewing for a job with my company in Charleston.
  8. VADOC

Charleston is about the middle of the state, from my home to the state capital building is about 100 miles, my sister actually lives in Charleston
    Douglas Klauck was at the Parade of Trabants, however he is from Charles Town, Charles Town is in the north east panhandle, just north of Winchester Virginia. He would be about six to seven hour drive for me, probably about 4 from charleston
    If you do decide to pay charleston a visit, let me know
    Michael
  9. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

If it's leaking around the threads, try Lock-Tite. Blue, red, green, whatever. I probably use this stuff as a thread sealer more than I do for it's intended purpose.

I did away with my petcock valve ages ago and installed what I think is a 3/8" NPT pipe fitting which just so happens to be close enough to the 12mm thread and pitch. In this case to make up the difference I had to apply Lock-Tite to keep it from leaking.