1. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

yes, Go Trabi Go and Go Trabi Go 2. IMG_20130824_181830.jpg
    whatacar1997 and vdubbin like this.
  2. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Please share your critical review of each of the above movies. If you find clips from either; you could share those also.
  3. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

The first one is much better than the sequel but be careful who's watching, it contains nudity. Is calling the DDR a "classless society" the same as saying they had "no class"?
  4. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Is that a line from the movie? I was there enough times and long enough to say that everyone was equal, but, some people were much more equal. I noticed that everybody really did have a job, except felons, invalids, and retired people; all of those were allowed to leave (maybe even encouraged) and go to the West. Not too sure about the felons and the correct translation on that, I didn't know any or associate with them, as far as you know.
  5. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

Does this movie have English subtitles? I watched 3/4 of the movie on YouTube in German. I could follow it somewhat even though I did not know what they were saying.

Yeah beware of the river scene! You can't see any genitalia at least on the chicks if you know what I am getting at...

I wish it was legal to go skinny dipping in the US!

There is a "cleaner" version where everyone's lower half is covered except the women are topless. Don't click this link if you are easily offended by TA-TAS...

http://tiny.cc/35id2w

I suppose sterotypes exist in about all countries. In the UK, it's the English and the Scottish. In the US it's the Southeast that get's kicked around. Some people thinking we have not quite conformed to the rest of the country.

Anybody ever seen "Driving me Crazy"? It came out around 1990 or 1991. I only rented it because there was a Trabant on the front cover. It's rather silly to be honest. A Trabant that runs on rutabagas or sugar beats. I dubbed the VHS version. If I can find it I might be able to convert it to AVI format.
  6. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

That last film had some A list actors didn't it? I want to know who owns that Trabant now. It was all filmed in California. These DVDs are unopened and from Hungary. I suspect that they do have English subtitles, might watch them soon and will let you know. I am not excited to open them just yet. Thanks so far for the warnings and review from people.
  7. Wartburg353W

I don't think Go Trabi Go was ever released in an English market. Or a region 1 market for that matter. The copies Eric and I have are viewable in original German or Hungarian dub, and they are region 2. They are the finest dvd's available in the Tesco 990 forint bin.

Once again your items are still sealed in the package. Eric, I got you those to watch them, not save them for future generations!

Thanks for reminding me of the title! I saw that long ago but couldn't remember the title to search for it. Turns out that it is the alternate title and German title is "Trabbi Goes to Hollywood" - star was Thomas Gottschalk, about as big a German star as you could get at the time. It was filmed in California and Bavaria by an American company. It would indeed be interesting to know what happened to the movie car or cars.
  8. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I will watch them. You know I have a problem with my technology.
  9. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

The only A-list actor I can remember in the movie was Bill Dee Williams.

It's in a tote with some other VHS tapes down in the basement. Apparantly it was not good to copyproof! My wife got me a device to convert tapes to an SD card. I'll see what I can do.
  10. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I guess I was out dated in my comic movie actors. I still thought that Dom DeLuise was pretty influential in comody. Never mind. He is not any more due to a terminal condition called death.
  11. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

A lot of the greats have fallen to that condition
  12. Wartburg353W

And that movie certainly did nothing to prevent this condition. Thomas Gottschalk's career isn't looking so hot anymore these days either.
  13. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Maybe he can hook up with your Toti and Loti?
  14. Wartburg353W

Butt.
  15. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

16. ttindian

ttindian Newbie

17. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

holly cow, thanks ttindian, that includes the whole movie for people who what to see it. Outstanding.
  18. Andrew

Andrew Most Powerful Leader Moderator Forum Donor

So I was really bored tonight... I've transcoded the hardcoded subtitles on the youtube copy of Go Trabi Go into a proper subtitle file for use with any DVD rip of the film..

I've done this based on my DVD copy, but it should also work fine if you rip/download a copy. The original translation was done by SBS Australia back in 93.

Link to the subtitles:
    http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitles/6074496/go-trabi-go-br
    trabant601 likes this.