Yesterday I noticed that my battery on my Trabant was completely flat and the ignition switch was in the run position! I doubt I did it but my guess was my daughter did it at some point. I'm not sure how long the key was on (maybe a week) but it was long enough to discharge the battery. Ordinarily I wouldn't be too concerned but word on the street is if this happens it can burn either the MOSFETs out on the electronic ignition, points (which ever one happens to be closed) and the coils. After I recharged the battery, the car fired right up and I checked to make sure the engine was firing on both cylinders. Either I just got lucky or the magnets on my electronic were not aligned with the MOSFETs. I did have a backup plan to get me to the Parade of Trabants. I still have the original breaker plate and Tractor Supply carries 6 volt coils for Ford 800 tractors. I'm just concerned I weakened my three year old battery. Modern batteries don't like to be discharged too many times, otherwise they won't hold a charge afterwards. The 2 year old battery on my van ran down last winter and after recharging it, just running the radio for a couple of hours drained it. But it may have been flat for quite a while. Seems if you don't let them stay flat for an extended period of time, they can be recharged. Is it OK to jump start a 6 volt car off a 12 volt battery? Any other ever done this without blowing something up?