1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please email justin@trabantforums.com
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Bucks

Bucks Puttering Along

Hi. I am looking for a similar headlight dimmer switch the control mechanism not the stick ,without ordering from Germany. Any similar versions available, I had thought a T1 would but that's floor mounted.
  2. TheHun

TheHun Puttering Along Forum Donor

The round switch on the dashboard left of the steering wheel? Have you checked online for anything IFA :
    wartburg, barkas, IFA, they are all same I think...
  3. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

I misread your post. I thought you meant your Trabant used the floor mounted dimmer switch, not the one on the stalk. So I was going to recommend using one from an older American car, like from the 1960s.

[​IMG]
  4. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

You could maybe use the relay from something like a seventies vw beetle but to be honest when you can still buy a genuine NOS part from Germany I wouldn't bother