1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. dave

dave Puttering Along

Hi guys, Finally picked up my Trabi today after almost 2 months at sea. Its a 1971 model and is in pretty good condition for its age. Just sourcing a new battery so i can start it up. 20160916_140142.jpg
  2. dave

dave Puttering Along

started first go :D
    Keri and RogerDerSchrauber like this.
  3. dave

dave Puttering Along

Just finished getting it registered, it all went pretty smoothly.Apparently its the first Trabant to be registered in NSW - they had to call their IT department to manually enter the make and model because there has never been one in the system :D Looking forward to some nice weather to go for a drive.
  4. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

Looks great!
    Do you have a picture from the interior?
  5. dave

dave Puttering Along

6. dave

dave Puttering Along

just have a couple from before i bought it. I'll have to take some new ones soon :)
  7. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

8. dave

dave Puttering Along

9. dave

dave Puttering Along

Had some nice weather today so i finally got some decent pics :D
  10. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

your c ar looks nice especialy with the iconic backgrounds
    Keri likes this.
  11. BillB

BillB Loyal Comrade Administrator Forum Donor

My mate Ray (Westie) is "Trabi curious" and may try to find you for a look at your new ride.
    Congrats, the car looks really nice!
  12. Ray

Ray Puttering Along

Dave. Cool car. Where in Sydney are you based?
    How did you get your Trabi here?
    Do you know there is a Trabant Owners Club if Australia?
    Ray
  13. dave

dave Puttering Along

Hi Ray. Thanks :) I'm near Parramatta. I imported it myself (with the help of an importer)
    Since mine is the only registered one in NSW im doubtful there is a club, i could be wrong though.
  14. Ray

Ray Puttering Along

Hi Dave
    I am just up the road in Kings Langley.
    Yours may be the only fully registered Trabi, but there are others with Historic rego. Check out Trabant Owners Club of Australia in Facebook.
    I looked at one of them at a German car club day three weeks ago.
    Ray
    dave likes this.
  15. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

That is a beautiful Trabi. Welcome to the world of the Trabant!
    Keri and dave like this.
  16. Ray

Ray Puttering Along

Dave. There is a Trabi in the Gosford Motor Museum as well. One of the Trabant Owners Club of Australia members just told me about it.
    dave likes this.
  17. dave

dave Puttering Along

The green one ? A friend of mine was there a month ago and sent me a pic :)
  18. dave

dave Puttering Along

Ray, I checked out the facebook page, apparently there are 13 of them in Aus - thats pretty cool, i didn't realize there were that many. unfortunately a few of them are not being registered/driven because of all the hoops you have to jump through to register them here.
  19. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

Awesome!
    Have seen this famous places only on TV!
    This bridge is hudge.....
    This is at the other side of the world!
    dave likes this.
  20. Ray

Ray Puttering Along

Dave, When will you be out and about next?