1. Hello all, I've never even seen a trabant in person. When I found out they existed I wanted one... The simplicity of the interior, and the buzz of that little 2 stroke is what I need in life. I'm currently rebuilding an mg midget. I'm done with 4 stroke... I've been raised on air cooled vw's by my dad and am now an avad motorcycle rider. I think it's time for the plastic gokart. Please help. Cheers - Henry.
  2. Austinpowers

Austinpowers Loyal Comrade

Hello Henry, if you like to be stared at and considered strange than a Trabant is perfect for you.
    Where about are you? There might be someone here that is close enough to let you get up close and personal with a trabi. They are very addictive and a lot of fun, you have been warned.;)
  3. DaveinOz

DaveinOz Aussie Trabant Nutter Forum Donor

Ahhh... the MG midget - looks like you need the official A-series workshop manual:

[​IMG]

Classic Mini owner here so I feel your pain! Welcome to the forum, it sounds like you're very handy with the tools so a Trabi should be a walk in the park for you! So easy to work on yourself and parts are easy and cheap to buy from Germany. Let us know where you are from and chances are there will be a fellow forum member who might let you have a poke around their Trabi!