1. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I got carried away on this one... IMG_20130722_191510.jpg
    Keri likes this.
  2. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Here is my trailer I use to cart a Trabant when I think it is a good idea. (There are a couple of things that constitute good idea in this regard.) Anyway, the seal coat on the wood was failing so I went to Menard's to get some mis-tint deck seal, unfortunately, or fortunately since otherwise I might not have thought to do this, they only had white based deck seal.
    So here is what I did. Is it art? I think it would be cool if it shows in google earth next year. IMG_20130728_174651.jpg IMG_20130728_174706.jpg
    Keri and Justin like this.
  3. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

4. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I can't remember where I saw it in the forum but someone made a really nice Trabant clock. I made this clock thermometer set a few years ago and just dug them out of the Keller. Since I made them, maybe they are folk art? Have a look.
    IMG_20130914_195848.jpg IMG_20130914_195856.jpg IMG_20130914_195902.jpg
  5. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

Keri made the nice clock, it sits on my desk at work :)
  6. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I knew it. Where is that picture of it. I forgot. It is beautiful, unlike mine, just look like something diy.
  7. VADOC

VADOC Premium Member Forum Donor

Hi John
    enjoyed the Bentleys, knew two of their drivers, Butch Leitzenger and Johnny Herbert, And also the Porsche 917s, have met Vic Elford numerous times
  8. Keri

Keri Leader

Trabants look great IN or AS works of art….

But they also do great embellished WITH works of art!
    In this case, Vladimir Lebedev's 1920 masterpiece Mayday Procession Of Workers

FullSizeRender.jpg

Take a car made in a country that honored Mayday and Haymarket, put Mayday artwork on both doors, and park it in front of The Haymarket Memorial in Chicago!
    We'll be back yet again on Mayday, and yes, we've been to the Haymarket martyrs gravesite as well.

Put another way.... Parked in front of a work of art, while displaying a work of art, and of course, being a work of art!

IMG_5472a.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    trabant601 likes this.
  9. VADOC

VADOC Premium Member Forum Donor

Hi Keri
    The guy with the black sledge hammer kooks kind of like me ( when I was younger & thinner, of course)
    hhmmmm..
    Keri likes this.