1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please email justin@trabantforums.com
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. vdubbin

vdubbin Loyal Comrade

I've a work trip planned next week, I'll be staying in the city near Mercedes Benz Arena.

I'll be doing the usual sightseeing in the evening (Brandenburg Tor, Checkpoint Charlie) and there's a stretch of the Mauer intact near the Holiday Inn.

Does anyone know of any Berlin-based Trabi parts dealers/shops I can check out while I'm there? Anything else I should check out?
  2. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Trabi world near Checkpoint Charlie should have a few bits knocking about. You could even go for a drive in one of their Trabis.
    vdubbin likes this.
  3. vdubbin

vdubbin Loyal Comrade

Cool, I thought they only did rentals, if there's a parts shop too, even better!
  4. Mr Kipling

Mr Kipling Newbie

At the other end of the road from Trabi World is the Trabi Museum...no parts but it gives a great history to the car at a "little cinema" inside plus the usual gift shop stuff. Well worth a visit.
    There is a DDR museum but it's not the best IMO & Checkpoint Charlie is a tourist attraction (not actually in the exact place)
    My top tip to get transported back to DDR times and imagine all these little Trabi's running round, is to take a good walk along Karl Marx Allee ...It'll blow your socks off!
  5. Berlin89

Berlin89 Puttering Along

Trabi World and Trabi Museum had a lot of DDR/Trabi type gift things to buy. Sometimes there is a guy with a combi parked at the Tor. Sometimes I will get a currywurst at the Curry at the Wall place and watch the Trabis go down Wilhelmstraße with a trail of smoke following them.
    Museum in der Kulturbrauerei is a better museum than the DDR Museum next to the former Palast if you are interested in that.
  6. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

7. vdubbin

vdubbin Loyal Comrade

So for a finish I didn't get venture beyond Kreuzburg, the area of Berlin where my office was. Next time I'll take an extra day for myself!
  8. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

Berlin is a nice place to be!
    I go with my family every year to a hotel nearby Mercedes-Benz arena it is East Side Hotel.
    Every morning when I get up and look outside window I see the Berlin Wall!
    Also nearby on Puschkinallee there is one of the last watchtower of Treptower park.
    m2.jpg m4.jpg m3.jpg m1.jpg m5.jpg
  9. Trabant_Mike

Trabant_Mike Puttering Along

I'll be going in May too, so I'll check out Trabi World for parts too.