1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please email justin@trabantforums.com
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. biertje

biertje Puttering Along

I have noticed on some pictures of the interior there is a handy shelf underneath the dashboard. As you can see in the picture below. Is there anyway to purchase this addition or has anyone attempted a homemade job? I have bought some plywood that I intend to felt up but I'm unsure how to attach it to the car. If I could buy a ready made one that would be excellent.

2. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

It s standard on all trabis. :)
    I think i have a spare if you are interested. :)
    t is not easy to make yourself. it is made from hard felt, and have a plastic tube through it. the felt is a bit thicker than the floormats. :)
  3. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

What's up with that gear shifter? Looks like someone has cut the 90 out of it added a 45 and an extension to it. Or is it just me?
  4. biertje

biertje Puttering Along

Standard? haha oh dear it seems that someone has pilfered the one from mine. If you have a spare that would be great - how much do you want for it?

Yes the gear shifter does indeed look to be at an odd angle.
  5. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

Where are you from? I am from Denmark, so shipping is proably expensive if you are in the US. Maybe cheaper to find one closer to you. :)
  6. biertje

biertje Puttering Along

I am in the UK if that makes things easier? They don't seem to sell them as spares on the usual websites.
    Does it come with all the attachments etc?
  7. Razibilla

Razibilla Puttering Along

I have a spare one, pm me you email address and I will send you a couple of pictures tomorrow. regards
  8. biertje

biertje Puttering Along

9. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

What is that part underneath gab on the right side?!?

PS:biertje,is that a Dutch name?!?

10. biertje

biertje Puttering Along

Yes it is. Shameless stolen from the Heineken advert.
  11. michiel76

michiel76 Loyal Comrade

Ok,I thought you were moved from Holland to the UK....;-)
  12. Keri

Keri Leader

Deluxe model had the tray, and no glovebox.
    Standard model had the old style dash with a glovebox.
    I would rather have the tray.
  13. Stevebrooks

Stevebrooks Newbie

I knew there was something missing from my interior...
    I have been trying to find one of these interior shelves but without any luck so far. Does anyone have one in the UK that I could buy, (or point me in the right direction) Thanks - Steve
  14. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

i thought the base was missing it
    s model got it along with deluxe along with the ash tray
    i love mine holds my phone on drives and my trabant piggy bank
  15. lilbg

lilbg Puttering Along

This shelf was mounted in all trabants after 1/4 1974 with the new dashboard.