1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Thanks Andy. Only issues were speedo cable broke, I also backed into a waste bin in Worcester and broke the left rear light unit and lens. Do you have a spare one from your scrap Trabbi?

I also had an unexplained engine out on the way back today. After checking the spark to both plugs and petrol feed to the carb it started up again and was fine all the way back. Mystery! And I am ashamed to admit I filled up with diesel in Tewkesbury. I discovered the mistake before I drove off and rectified it quickly. No harm done.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  2. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

So the epic adventure has ended. 2000 miles in a Trabant including John o'Groats to Land's End, the classic route for charity events in the UK. We have many stories to tell and many memories of meeting new friends and some old ones. We have raised a total amount so far of £2147 for the two charities, so thanks to anyone on this forum who has donated.

The challenge that the Trabant 601 2 stroke, allegedly one of the worst cars ever made (according to some mis-informed people) could not make such a trip without breaking down, has been proved wrong. It is still however, one of the most noisy, uncomfortable, cramped and smelly cars I have ever owned, but I love it because it is quirky, different and makes people smile. Rock on Trabbi.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018