1. Keith Savage

Keith Savage Newbie

I have been wanting a Trabant for a good long time. Finally found this board and signed up. I am SC in the Southeast US, so if anybody has any leads on one, let me know. Thanks!!

Keith
  2. 1983JZR3W

1983JZR3W Puttering Along

Welcome from Florida!! I am new and also looking for a Trabant.
  3. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

all i can say is keep looking they are out there, if you want one bad enough you will travel/ ship it mine is now in Az and was in fl when i got it
  4. 1983JZR3W

1983JZR3W Puttering Along

Yours was the one I was hoping to buy......I am glad it went to a good home. :)
  5. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

yea zo6 i was working a deal a week before you posted, yep it gets out once a week and gets to go to shows. It is living the good life in sunny az. Like all of them it has a few areas to be fixed. All i can say is get one with good paper work az was a pain to get a plate for it.
  6. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Still say your best bet is find a nice one in Hungary and bring it over.
  7. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

I haven't seen one for sale in the US for a little while, but they do come out and up for sale....Be patient and it will happen....The other options are bringing one over...perhaps if enough people are looking, it may not be a bad idea to go in together, buy a few from the same area and share a container to cut down shipping costs.

Just a thought.
  8. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

Hi, I'm from NE Tennessee. Really your best bet is to contact GG Export in Miami. They currently have some Trabants on Ebay. One reason I went through an importer was I have no idea how to go about renting a sea container, sorting out all the customs paperwork, etc.

Although mine was not the best example from Hungary it was a Trabant.