1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please email justin@trabantforums.com
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. IronJaw

IronJaw Newbie

I'm trying to learn more about these cars before I eventually get hold of one. I'm just wondering if there's any club meets, groups or even owners I could visit to learn more about the cars and perhaps get a close look at a Trabant? I'm keen to learn more :)
  2. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

It's a little early in the year for meets and shows. Easter is the time when they start. Where are you in the North West? There is a guy who comes on ebay selling Trabant bits now and again with a Chorley location, but I don't know any more about him. I am retired and if you want a run out to Nottingham, PM me and we can fix up a date and time where you can come and have a chat about Trabants.
  3. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

I bought mt second trabi from a guy in Chorley he imported several from Hungary it sounds like the same guy
  4. IronJaw

IronJaw Newbie

Ok that’s fair enough, I know the Trabant has a much smaller following so Club support may not be massive. The Triumph Club I used to be a part of met every month regardless, some even brought their cars. I don’t use my Triumph in winter because there is too much salt put down these days.

I’m not too far from Chorley actually, I’ll do a google search for Trabant Chorley and see what it gives me.

I’m really getting fired up about them now.