1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Lasse

Lasse Newbie

I found this motor bay light in a Hungarian webshop, mode for early Wartburgs and Trabants.

http://www.zsombishop.hu/product_info.php?products_id=3040

I actually ordered one for fun but have no idea on which models they were found on and where. I have looked at dussins of motor bay pictures but never managed to spot the light itself. It would definitely be handy when refueling in the dark.

Would anyone like to "shed some light" on this issue?

[​IMG]
    RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  2. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

It looks neat I've seen some thing similar on an old lada years ago
    Lasse likes this.
  3. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

I have one in mine, installed in the factory. It is connected to the interior light. Switch on the interior light, and the under-the-hood light comes on.
    Lasse likes this.
  4. RogerDerSchrauber

Put an LED soffit bulb in it, and it will be much brighter under the hood (and in the car's interior).
  5. Lasse

Lasse Newbie

Thanks for the info. Where is it mounted? Do you have a picture you could share with us?
  6. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

Those were a standard feature installed on the "Deluxe" models. I don't know if they were an option on others or not.
    phi likes this.
  7. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

I seen a photo and from my recollection, they are mounted near the hood catch (under the hood itself). Like they overlap the hood catch bracket. Does that make any sense?
  8. zivert

zivert Newbie

This is a real motor light for Trabant! Pay attention to the mount.

Attached Files:

Andrewwoey and RogerDerSchrauber like this.
  9. Andrewwoey

Andrewwoey Loyal Comrade

Great photos. I was also looking to see where they fitted.
  10. RogerDerSchrauber

That's a nice new hood blanket for your Trabant. Where can you get them?
  11. zivert

zivert Newbie

Good afternoon!
    Really a blanket from this car. One moment: I took off the blanket, washed it in a washing machine, received a severe reprimand from my wife, and then re-executed the edges of the blanket with a needle and a nylon cord (an overlock type). Kind of very good.

I apologize for my English, I use Google translator.

Attached Files:

RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  12. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

hmm may have to try washing it then
  13. 'bant

'bant Loyal Comrade

The blanket in my Trabant is a bit grubby too, giving it a wash sounds like a grand idea.

Let the reprimands commence!