1. loewe opta

loewe opta Newbie

Hello all i introduce myself and now i want Show u my other Cars.

2011 i sold my Dodgevan a B 150,i had him over 20 Jears and alter this ist enough to drive a US Car.
    2009 i search a cheap Car to bring me from my Town to my workplace an i look in a Magazine mhhhh what this,a little Car.
    I think to myself thats the right,easy to drive and repair,the Price 185 Euro.
    After some phonecalls and Pics later in put him on a Trailer and back in my old Garage.
    Here in my Familie are all big Fussballfans ( Football) form a lokal Team this Colour is withe and blue.
    I remove manny Parts,sanding all after this first Primer then 2 k Paint.
    Looks great the underside in the same look,inside dito.
    But here ist a Problem to drive a old Car,u need a Sticker on ur Windshield in green that means ur Car is clean and had relativily little exhaust Gases.
    For a Trabant u dont can get so a Sticker,why he has a 2 Stroke engine thats it. ahaaaaaa.
    I sold my first,and mhh now ????
    Bingo i had an Idea ,i can drive a Trabant he must be over 30 Jears u can get a Licenseplate with a H the last Letter.
    H is here History Car,the car must in a good Condition no Rust and other the answere is TRABANT P 50/60.
    The nest i found him on a webside u can find used things there cars too. build 1960
    My Tarbant build 1960 P 500 with original engine and trans.
    I remove all Parts after this i remove the Paint with a hotairgun .

A few months later the next a P 500 original in the near from Cologne.
    He was Deko on a Flowershop,he spray him in brrrrrrrrr violett.
    No Parts are lost.Only the Paint is uhaaaa.

Nr 3 i found him on ebay kleinanzeigen,Trabant P 600 K---Combi. build 1963
    On this the wrong Parts,left front Fender and Trim.
    Engine and trans original 23 PS.

Nr 4 my new Trabant P 500 build 1960
    So i hope u understand all,some words ----es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen---- ,my english ist not the best.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  2. loewe opta

loewe opta Newbie

Here my first Car.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Original Engine.
    [​IMG]

Since Paul
  3. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

Hello Paul!

Trabants in the USA have to be at least 30 years (in most states) just to be registered to drive on public roads. I almost bought a Trabant 1.1 but it was too "new" and could not be registered but an older a 2 stroker was "legal".

There are some newer models that have been smuggled into the country with older ID plates and are registered as older models. Who would know the difference?

In Tennessee, anything older than 25 years old, you can apply for an antique plate:

[​IMG]

It doesn't make the car exempt from any sort of inspection since my area doesn't have an inspection system anyway! It just allows me to buy the plate for $65 once and not be required to renew the car's registration the following years.

Since Tennessee does not issue front number plates, I found this old plate off Ebay.

[​IMG]
  4. loewe opta

loewe opta Newbie

He he ,nice Car,
    Here in Germany ur Car must be 30 Jears u become the H on the Licenseplate and all must original.
    U can change the Breaks from Simplex to Duplex and 6----12 Volt thats all.
    Engine i must look.

Rightnow i type with a Friend on Facebook he send me a Link to 2 Guys thats Play Cello, u dont belive this.
    When u like this Kind fom Musil listen this,

http://www.2cellos.com/us/video/2cellos-benedictus-live-video

Turbo,when u had a Wife or Girlfriend, start the Video when she dont in the livingroom or where are ur PC.
    Mfg Paul
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  5. vdubbin

vdubbin Loyal Comrade

FC Schalke? Klasse! :) That looks great, one of my work Colleagues is a big Schalke fan.

Thanks for sharing your Trabant stories with us.