1. Berlin89

Berlin89 Newbie

After a few minor hang ups, my Trabi has arrived to America from England! Started right up after almost 2 months in transit/storage. Hope to have it registered soon, but in the meantime I've been driving it around the yard. Any Trabis going along I-80, stop on by near Omaha, Neb.

Should add that I've had the car for over a year when I was living in the UK. Didn't have a garage or driveway, so maintenance was not easy. Now she's got her own garage space and all of my shop tools available.

DSC02194-2.JPG
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 6:58 AM
    BillB and RogerDerSchrauber like this.
  2. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Loyal Comrade

Welcome to a new world! I got mine last year in the same way, but direct from Germany. The little car has changed my life, and I'm sure yours will, too.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 8:45 PM
    Berlin89 likes this.
  3. kev the builder

kev the builder Loyal Comrade

hi glad you got your trabi to the us its gone a long way from when i had it, and its looking good i bet you cant wait to be smoking around in it
  4. Berlin89

Berlin89 Newbie

Hey Kev, yep everything worked out in the end. All the guys at the export place were so fascinated by the car that the small rot spot wasn't a problem. A few of them were even talking about going to Germany to bring some Trabis back to England! We did have it running a while during the inspection and it vapor locked. Drove me mad initially until I figured out what it was. This was during the warm spell in June.
    The battery was flat and even with detailed instructions taped to the dash board, someone left the fuel on and the tank was bone dry. Other than that, all is well. A gallon of 2 stroke oil showed up yesterday so we're in business.
    RogerDerSchrauber likes this.
  5. Berlin89

Berlin89 Newbie

Right now I'm just waiting on the county to figure out how they can register this thing. I'm fairly certain that the UK V5 and bill of sale is OK, but we'll see what they say.