1. Erik

Erik Newbie

Hi!

Recently I had to replace my ignition coils. I replaced them with two Beru ZS106 's. And I also replaced the wiring, copied the original exactly but now I'm getting 0 sparks. :(:(

I made a drawing of the wiring and it seems a bit off because the + and the - are directly connected, but then I thought maybe they need to be hooked up in series? The ESE also looks fine to me and everything worked before I replaced the coils :/

Its a Trabant 601, original everything except the new coils. Can someone help me out?

Kxxnipsel.JPG
    Knipsel.JPG Knipytsel.JPG
  2. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

Yor EBZA box look fried. look right above the 4 red things. mine looked like that around two of them, and there was no spark on one cylinder. :)

Your wiring is not correct. There is a blue/black wire from ignition lock to + on one coil a jumper wire to + on the other coil, along with the black wire from the EBZA box.
    The green goes on - on coil. no. 1 and the white on - on coil no.2 :)

Throw those resistors in the trash, they only dampen radio interference, and you will have plenty of that anyway. :D
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  3. Erik

Erik Newbie

Hey! Thanks, so this wiring diagram should work? And how do I make sure which one is coil no.1 and no.2, or can I just hook up randomly the white wire on one and the green wire on the other? (Just to be sure ;))

And Oof! I had the same problem, one of the plugs didn't spark anymore. But I figured it had to be the coil because there was a lot of oxidation in the wire hole and they where very old, so it made sense. Maybe it was the Ebza all along, is there a way of measuring the red (resistors?) on the ebza that you know of? And where to get a new one?

Thanks again!
    Knipsel.JPG
  4. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

You can get a new one from the gernam stores, trabantwelt, LDM-tuning, or danzer autoteile, or maybe someone here have a spare they dont need. :)
    I have a spare but dont really want to sell it since i use the trabi as daily driver, so keeping a spare on hand will keep the one in the car from crapping out. :)
    doesn't matter which one is no. 1 or 2 in the first place. if it turns over, and have spark, swich them round and it should start. :)
    I think there is a guide in the "tech help articles" to test the EBZA box and sensor on the crank. :)
  5. Erik

Erik Newbie

Thanks for the help Mati! Got him running again :D