1. EasternBloc

EasternBloc Interkosmos Trabinaut Forum Donor

Hello everyone!
    I purchased the 601s that was up for sale in Texas on Ebay. It was formerly owned by another member on this forum. This is my first public post here, though I've been lurking this website for some time. First, to see if I really wanted to get into Trabant ownership and later for operating and technical advice.

So far, I've put around 500 km on my new little girl and have managed to fall in love. I'm no stranger to air cooled Germans, as I've owned a few VWs, but this is certainly my first Trabi. I fear they may be addictive.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post technical advice, manuals or even just photos on this site. This website has such a wealth of information, that it really is kind of a one-stop place for these quirky little cars.
    Keri likes this.
  2. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Congrats and welcome.
  3. Keri

Keri Leader

Welcome to the Forum
    and
    Hi from Chicago.

It is as you feared, Trabants are incredibly addictive.
    If you are reading this, it is already too late for you, and possibly any friends, neighbors or offspring.
  4. Bill Overbaugh

Bill Overbaugh King Trabi Forum Donor

Congrats! General opinion is that yours is one of the nicest trabis out there. Good buy!
    Enjoy it!
  5. EasternBloc

EasternBloc Interkosmos Trabinaut Forum Donor

Thanks! It's really apparent that each previous owner really strived to maintain the car quite well. Hope to continue the tradition!
  6. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

congrats this is the blue one right? if so nice car have fun and put on