1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Dogfish

Dogfish Newbie

Thanks everyone for letting me in the forum . I recently purchased what I believe is a Trabant 601 z Kubel from my neighbor that was originally green . Somewhere along its life it was painted black . I will be honest I do not have a clue about these vehicles . The car has brand new in box brakes from Germany , looks like 5 new tires and seats are new . The original canvas looks great and it has the door canvas . My neighbor would drive this around the neighborhood and I always loved it and had the chance to buy it so I did . I know the new brakes need to be put on , but I don't have a clue of how to even drive this thing and there was a huge language barrier from who I purchased it from . I will be listing it for sale soon so if anyone is interested let me know . I live in St Louis , Missouri . Thanks again Chris
    BillB likes this.
  2. BillB

BillB Loyal Comrade Administrator Forum Donor

Hello Chris and welcome to the forum.
    There is another member here from St Louis (Robert Dunn) who knows plenty about Trabant cars.
    The Kubel is not common in the USA and if your icon photo is any indication, the car looks to be in very good shape.
    If Robert is not too far away, I'd bet he will help you get the car going.
  3. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

If you're interesting in keeping it, and learning about it, you can start with Robert Dunn's aptly named video "How to Drive a Trabant"

He doesn't know it, but his videos gave me that push to actually get my own Trabant.
  4. TrabiCRAZY

TrabiCRAZY Newbie

Welcome Chris! Hopefully Mr. Dunn can help you out as he is indeed closer to you than me, however if you need help with part searching or basic advice, like driving, fueling, etc, drop me a line! Hope all works out!
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  5. Robert Dunn

Robert Dunn Puttering Along

I'm the Robert Dunn the other two have mentioned. As they said, I'm in the St Louis area (De Soto, more specifically). I will gladly help you get the car going or anything else you need. I'll PM you for details
  6. trondd

trondd Puttering Along