1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please email justin@trabantforums.com
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/

Are you an Optimist or Pessimist?

1. Optimist. Everything's bound to work out!

2 vote(s)
  2. Overly Enthusiastic Optimist. You look forward to Mondays and Anything is Possible!

1 vote(s)
  3. Pessimist. Everything's bound to go wrong.

0 vote(s)
  4. Murphy, of Murphy's Law, was an Optimist.

2 vote(s)
  5. Oh No! Not another annoying poll! aaarrrgggh!

1 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Keri

Keri Leader

Is the glass half full?
    Is the glass half empty?

Are you an Optimist or are you a Pessimist?

Is every setback a new opportunity or is everything bound to go horribly wrong?
  2. Keri

Keri Leader

Overly Enthusiastic Optimist here! :lol:

I'm the one that says "Hooray! It's MONDAY! and means it.
    When work goes really awful, "Yippee! another day closer to Retirement and Death!" seems like an appropriate observation*.

When people say this or that can't be done, (girl car mechanic? 70mph long-distance Trabi?) I'm the one doing it or at least nearly succeeding.

The car I belong to reflects this irrational optimism.... it's a 2-cylinder car with an electronic toll collection device on the windshield! (for high-speed tollways) :lol:

Personally, I feel that Trabi Companions are bound to be Optimists. The Trabi itself almost certainly is.
    Or maybe a Pessimist might like one because of the lack of extra useless junk that can fail?

Current project: Learning the Russian Language is Easy and Fun! Ура! Среда!

*Dreading the inevitable is pointless. One might as well look forward to it!
  3. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

When asked that question I like to throw people for a loop and say the glass is at 50% level. I've been working in the chemical industry way too long...
    Keri and Justin like this.
  4. Keri

Keri Leader

So you're the Poll Answer #5 respondent then? ;)
  5. Keri

Keri Leader

The 6 signs of Irrational Optimism*

A- Drives a 2-cylinder Communist-manufactured car
    B- with an electronic toll-collection device for high-speed tollways
    C- wears a hammer & sickle pin for Mayday
    D- flies a red flag in the USA upon occasion**
    E- Uses "Ubuntu" Font
    F- Visits Haymarket memorial, which is crawling with Anarchists***, on Mayday, wearing red!

A Pessimist would consider at least 5 of these 6 to be Suicidally Insane.
    Some of these might seem as merely annoying but that's optimism for you!

* Irrational Optimism, Suicidal Insanity.... it's all the same!
    ** Occasions like winning Labor Disputes, attending Car Shows, or in this case, May Day
    *** Wearing red around Anarchists? :face palm;
  6. phi

phi Loyal Comrade

As an engineer, I say: The glass is twice as large as necessary ;)
    Keri, trabant601 and Wartburg353W like this.
  7. Keri

Keri Leader

As a bona-fide Overly-Enthusiastic Optimist, I say:

Wow, I get to drink out of a glass? And it's half full?