1. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

Keri likes this.
  2. Keri

Keri Leader

It is true that our Mechanical Comrades lost their home and immediate family in a tragic historical twist of fate.

But they're not complete orphans yet.

You forgot about the vast extended family...

Us! :p

Where about is this meet? Maybe I'll go too.
    But then your Trabi won't exactly be an orphan with a sibling present....
  3. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

We are probably not going this year. I included the link above. If we go I will let you know. Not a bad drive for you, I used a trailer just because otherwise my family wouldn't have gone with me.
  4. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

I went to an Orphan car show in Snellville, Ga outside of Atlanta back in 1998 with my Fiat Spider. Now Fiat is back in the USA so I guess it's no longer considered an orphan car.
  5. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

it defines orphan auto on that link I posted above. According to it, you are right, as I understood it. keri, I will not be going this year. You will likely be the only trabant there.
  6. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

The reason Fiat qualified as being an orphan car back in the 90s was because even though the company is still in business, they abandoned the US market. Although I feel the newer Fiat 500 is sort of like the old verses new Minis. Some people don't consider the new Mini as being a real Mini because it's built by BMW in Germany (or is it still built in the UK)?

The 2 door 500 is built in Mexico on the old PT Cruiser line. The four door 500L is built in Serbia at the old Zastava factory.

I like the new 500 but it's sort of like Opel. Dad had a '73 Opel 1900 and by now new Opels are really not any different than Chevrolets.
  7. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade

I'll buy that for a dollar. Well, even less. I agree.
  8. trabant601

trabant601 Loyal Comrade