1. Swayzee Jon

Swayzee Jon Newbie

Hi All -

I am trying to complete what is left of my 1962 P60 in order to get it back to being as close to original as I can....

Almost everything is in order, but now I am to the heating part and am struggling.

Where the heat comes in through the firewall, there is a separator. Not sure what they are called in English, but in German it is call the "Mischkammer"...I've attached a link to see the exact part on Ebay.de:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Trabant-Mischkammer- ... 2eb4932423

OK, so here is my problem. I have a Mischkammer for a 601, but the 500/600 requires a much smaller part. As a matter of fact, I am not sure they even require a "part" at all, as much as just a way to strap the hose on....

Can anyone give me some exact specifics here? WHat part (if any) do I need? Can anyone give me a drawing of a heating diagram for a 600?

If I do actually need a part, does anyone have one they would be willing to part with?

Danke im Voraus,

Swayzee Jon
  2. phi

phi Loyal Comrade

The "Mischkammer" is translated as "Mixing chamber" (you can find all translations in the spare parts catalog [Ersatzteilkatalog für Trabant 601]: http://trabitechnik.com/index.php?lang= ... bant%20601).

Be aware that until April 1, 1973 there was no mixing chamber on any Trabant. People hat to decide whether there should be warm or fresh air and they had do put the hose on the desired flange: either on the pre-silencer (warm / winter) or on the front part (cold / summer).
  3. Swayzee Jon

Swayzee Jon Newbie

Thanks for the response!!!

So, how did the hose get attached to the interior wall...?

I've attached a picture with what I am talking about....Just trying to figure out what all I need...

Thanks again!
  4. phi

phi Loyal Comrade

The part which you don't know is the heating silencer. You don't need any additional parts.

On your picture, the hose is attached to the pre-silencer (yes, this is the "Vorschalldämpfer"). That means, you will get warm air in the interior.

The flange for cold air is below the horn. Air intake for that is below the left headlight next to the blinker. Summer setup looks like this:
  5. P60K

P60K Newbie