1. blackrabbit

blackrabbit Newbie

parting a very rusted 601... cant upload a pic of course... its the internet, theres always a problem. file to big, need to host it elsewhere or what ever... email me if you need anything specific.. have plenty of hardparts, brakes, susp, engine drivetrain etc... don't even ask about glass windscreens, cant ship them safely... reasonable prices and shipping at cost... :]

best regards, Charlie in Colorado.

blackrabbitracing@msn.com Please ! email out side the forum... Its not easy to check in here
    on a regular basis..

11951574_1004297866281978_7617711197269793306_o.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
  2. barkas maybe

barkas maybe Newbie

Have an 83 Barkas van I just purchased in alabama.was told trabant steering wheels will work on it.mines toasted.let me know.maybe send a picture if you can.thanks
  3. blackrabbit

blackrabbit Newbie

the steering wheel in this car is completely rotten... sorry. I do have at least one other in storage,
    next time I am out there I will look and see what condition its in...
  4. barkas maybe

barkas maybe Newbie

Alright.thank u let me know.no hurries.its not going anywhere.
  5. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

6. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

7. TNTrabi

TNTrabi Lord Trabi Forum Donor

I am interested in a drivers seat frame. Let me know if you can part with one.
  8. Bill Overbaugh

Bill Overbaugh King Trabi Administrator Forum Donor

In fact I'm interested in the passenger side... Thanks TNTrabi for the reminder!
  9. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

A trabant 601 steering wheel is held on by a locking pin, the barkas has conventional splines and a nut I am pretty certain a trabant will not fit ,wartburg/barkas are the same but be careful as the splines changed over the years
  10. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

would you part with the 5 rims? we could ship grey hound to save a bit in az also do you have the jack and spare tool kit with it. what part of Colorado may have a friend pick up if not to far
  11. Rezzato

Rezzato Puttering Along

Where is the rust? Do you have a drivers side door? Also would you be willing to sell the rolling shell? Thanks!
  12. blackrabbit

blackrabbit Newbie

where is the rust.... ? the rust is everywhere... thats why im parting it, its even rusted in the roof frame above the doors.
    when i removed the roof skin the car almost bent in half.. way to late on the rolling shell.. the frt subframe and everything is already out
    and the rear stuff will be coming out as soon as the weather gets better again... we currently have a foot of snow.. please email off list, blackrabbitracing at msn.com