1. ....obviously not my friend, nevertheless there are numerous generalities in common use which are just plain inaccurate.
    for example, the fibreglass three-wheeler cars here in the UK are always called 'Robin Reliants'.... they were built by the Reliant Motor Company, which has built many models of car, one of which was the 'Robin', so it is a 'Reliant Robin'.
    Ditto the misuse by motorcycle journalists of the use of 'inline' and 'L' engines. Most 4-cylinder bike engines are 'transverse-inline' engines. K-series BMW engines are just 'inline'. Ducati, Moto Guzzi and Harley Davidson are all 'transverse V' engines. Certain similarly designed but canted forward engines could conceivably be 'L' engines if one cylinder was horizontal. It is the line the crankshaft follows which dictates whether it is 'transverse' (from one side across to the other), not the piston barrels. Just because most people are wrong, does not alter the accuracy of a fact. In fairness, it is a very common mistake, but in this case it is rather fundamental to the discussion. Now I will shut-up on the subject and hide back under my slimey stone from whence I crept.