1. Bountyflyer

Bountyflyer Premium Member Forum Donor

Try your Trabant with avgas. It will be a new car! Avgas also have much needed led in it! My Tabant's speedometer passes 120 then passas the green light and after that I had to slow down...
  2. Thinsid

Thinsid Loyal Comrade

Greetings!

Have just had a thought, if it's ok on the flat but not so good uphill, try a performance air filter. IF you Only use the filter element NOT full kit (If applicable) it is NOT regarded as a modification so NO need to tell insurance company!
    I've had performance filter elements on ALL my Volvos. It made a staggering difference to the 340 (1.4 litre B14.4E Motor).
    Simple to use, clean and maintain (If you buy a K&N one they'll even give you a Million Mile Warranty if you register it.) also NO need to replace it annually so even on a limited annual mileage it's paid for itself in 5 years.
  3. whatacar1997

whatacar1997 Newbie

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  4. Keri

Keri Leader

Why would a Trabi motor need lead?

4-cycle motors benefitted from lead because it lubricated the exhaust valves at high temperatures.

But a Trabi motor has no hot poppet valves to lubricate! What would benefit from the addition of lead?

AVgas does have the benefit of no alcohol, and as alcohol has lower energy content than gasoline, alcohol-blended fuels can reduce power somewhat....
  5. vdubbin

vdubbin Loyal Comrade

Spotted in Dublin by a friend of mine (and Mini nut) Maxi:

[​IMG]
  6. Bill Overbaugh

Bill Overbaugh King Trabi Administrator Forum Donor

Nice! Makes me want to get some velcro shoes and sing Winds of Change while playing Atari.
    What's the car in front?
  7. DDR

DDR Loyal Comrade

By the look of it , its a Triumph Herald convertible from the 60's
  8. Matteo

Matteo Premium Member Forum Donor

New winter tyres for my Trabi :)
    Bought off Trabantwelt, of course.

20140710_145303.jpg

20140710_145347.jpg
    Justin likes this.
  9. whatacar1997

whatacar1997 Newbie

Looks pretty awesome! I didn't know winter tyres were made for Trabis, so I guess I learned something new today. :)
  10. Bill Overbaugh

Bill Overbaugh King Trabi Administrator Forum Donor

Those tires are going to eat snow for breakfast. That's an aggressive tread!
  11. whatacar1997

whatacar1997 Newbie

12. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

13. vdubbin

vdubbin Loyal Comrade

14. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

15. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Loyal Comrade

Let me try this again. Trying to post and watch my daughter while using a remote laptop!

Went to Wal-Mart the other day. This isn't the first time I've went grocery shopping in the Trabbi. Yes you can get a full buggy load of groceries in the trunk of a Trabant. Along with a spare tire and a toolbox.

[​IMG]
    scarrabri and frogbros like this.
  16. frogbros

frogbros Von Trabi Forum Donor

Justin likes this.
  17. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

I like it!
  18. mati0921

mati0921 Loyal Comrade

Washing machine crapped out, volvo was not home, and the big trailer had a flat tyre. only one thing left to do:
    10614390_842224289121440_6978515867999991825_n.jpg
    Got some intersting looks backing up to the delivery gate at the store. :D

uphill accelerating is not an option here, but who needs that anyways. :)
    Keri likes this.
  19. vdubbin

vdubbin Loyal Comrade

20. frogbros

frogbros Von Trabi Forum Donor

Just a sunny day in Time Square.

image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Justin likes this.