1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

I have seen a few references to sellers in Tampa Bay, FL on the forum. Does anyone have recent experience with Adam? He seems to be dublini777 on ebay and recently posted a car on craigslist in FL.

I contacted him and he has 5 Trabants in the country right now and sent me info on a few of them. I'm interested in one of them so thought I'd ask here for any info anyone might have on the seller.

This is him on Youtube, he is listing the yellow one (I think) for $7k on craigslist.

Too much for me, but he sent info to me on a few in the $3000-$4000 range which is more my speed.

Tim.
  2. RogerDerSchrauber

RogerDerSchrauber Premium Member Forum Donor

I'd go with the blue one, because of the electronic ignition, but the seat covers are AFAIK aftermarket. He wants 5 k for it.
  3. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

I actually want one a little older. He has a 79 I'm interested in. Waiting on more info about it.
  4. TrabiCRAZY

TrabiCRAZY Puttering Along

Have you seen the 79 on ebay or anything?
  5. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

No. He only had one from the video listed. I just asked him how often he imports and told me he had a few here already and the 79 was one of them.
  6. TrabiCRAZY

Not for sale, the 79?
  7. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

Ok, so the 79 was spoken for.

Now, do I want a nice '90 and have a Trabant or do I hold out for an older model that'll be harder to get, and possibly not as nice...
  8. TrabiCRAZY

Just curious, how do you mean spoken for?
  9. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

I mean you've bought it.
  10. TrabiCRAZY

Oh okay phew! I was so worried. As you are from Massachusetts, have you actually seen a Trabant before in person or been to the Spy Museum gatherings of Trabis every November?
  11. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

I have not. And I only learned about the Spy Museum gathering just recently.
  12. Mark Burr

Mark Burr Newbie

Here are some photo's from the seller.. from left to right.. 1990, 1979 and 1974 Station Wagon

Hope this is of interest
    Kration rsz_mm88.jpg
  13. Mark Burr

Mark Burr Newbie

14. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

i dont love that he wont show under them or in the front metal area where they all rust out. he skips the dash area also. cars seem solid for the price but i need to see more info and also if they have fl title and hs7 import sheets
    BillB and RogerDerSchrauber like this.
  15. TrabiCRAZY

Is there a link to those pictures?
  16. Mark Burr

Mark Burr Newbie

No link, the seller sent them to me.. I do believe he'd take pics of specific details if asked though.. seemed to be a nice chap
  17. TrabiCRAZY

Adam is a nice guy and if you buy a Trabant off him, he also has a shipping company known as BenkoHaul. He uses a 26-foot enclosed trailer. I met him at the International Spy Museum last fall. It sure is nice to see my 1979 outside, she is a minter. I nearly bought the '90 but as far as I know, it needs welding. I am not sure what the status of the Kombi is like. I do have Adam's email and phone number, hit me up privately.

https://www.facebook.com/BenkoHaul/
  18. trondd

trondd Puttering Along

The Kombi is unrestored and currently filled with parts. :)

I asked about that one, and he said he hasn't started cleaning it up yet and the price goes up as he works on it. I think he wants $3K for it now, but because of how it sits, he couldn't really tell me much about the current condition.

He does have 2 nicely restored sedans, shown in the youtube video still available as well as the 90 pictured.
  19. TrabiCRAZY

I personally have seen the yellow sedan down at the Spy Museum and it really is a beautiful example, really has to be seen. However, like many here, I also think $7,000 is a bit much, given I am paying $5,000 for mine with shipping. I would not pay more than $6,000 for that yellow one.