1. need4speed

need4speed Newbie

Unfortunately I must sell my Trabant. I have had it since 2006, and I used it as my car while living in Prague. I brought it to Texas with me in 2013 after I moved back to the US. It is not one of the junk yard jewels that often get imported. This one belonged to Martin Stefl, who is the moderator for the Trabant.cz forum. He knows his cars, and he took very good care of this one. When I bought it I stored it in a garage in Prague and never took it out in bad weather.

It is a 1988, but titled as a 1967 as that is what happened to may Trabis in Europe during communism. It is completely legal with a clear Texas title. I also have all the paperwork from Europe documenting its history of past owners.

I use the car regularly and it is ready to go. It still wears the original paint, and the interior is original. There have been scratches in the paint over time, but no cracks or anything serious. The paint looks good, just not perfect. The interior is in very nice condition. People often ask me if I have had it redone.

On the mechanical side I just rebuilt the starter, and it does not need anything. It runs great, shifts great, and the free wheel works perfectly. All lights work, the wipers work, and the horn works. I added an aftermarket radio CD player. It has a valid Texas state auto inspection. It has 4 brand new tires, and I have quite a few spare parts including a clutch should it ever need one. I also have repair and parts manuals, although they are in the Czech language.

I'd love to keep her, but life has a way of forcing one into different priorities. For a view of it driving, I have a crappy video on youtube that I recently uploaded before I decided to sell it.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=trabant in dallas

The price is $6500. People ask me to sell it a lot, but they have no idea what it really is and I don't think they would care for it properly. I want it to go to someone who knows what it is and can care for it. I'll upload a better video to youtube this weekend. Contact me for more info and pictures.

Attached Files:

2. leafoff

leafoff Smoking Along

Pm sent
    ----------------------
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

nice car wish i had room in the stable looks like a nice example
  4. Franci

Franci Smoking Along

Being from east Germany, these cars mean a great deal to me. Is it still available?
  5. need4speed

need4speed Newbie

Yes, I still have it. I just took this video of it today:
  6. Franci

Franci Smoking Along

Thanks for sharing...very nice. I will be doing some checking in terms of registration in Illinois.
  7. Justin

Justin Owner Administrator

Does the car already have a US title?
  8. Zausel

Zausel Loyal Comrade

9. need4speed

need4speed Newbie

Correct. It has a legal Texas title, insurance, vehicle inspection, as well as all the import and European paperwork dating back many years. It is registered and I drive it.
  10. alex

alex Newbie

Nice car for sure! in a few years maybe I can find this car and purchase it, pretty much what I want in a trabant.

Good luck with the sale of this super nice trabant.
  11. need4speed

need4speed Newbie

I am bummed out about it, but the car is sold. It went to a very good home, so I am happy about that.
  12. JASONCHAD

JASONCHAD Trabi Meister Forum Donor

Where is the new owner located? Are the already a member of this group?
  13. need4speed

need4speed Newbie

Plano, Texas. I don't think he is a member of the forum, but he has a friend in Houston Texas who is.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  14. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

nice i wonder if he will join, be funny to see 2 at cars and coffee dallas. or just to meet up with them in plano, work sends me there from time to time
  15. JASONCHAD

Looks like it ended up on eBay. Must have bought it thinking he could flip it.
  16. Aw geez it is on eBay. That's just wrong. Now I wish I had bought it after all.
  17. need4speed

need4speed Newbie

Yup, the guy bought it to flip, and lied about it the whole time. I really dislike people like that. Had I known he was going to do that, I would have not sold it to him. I just don't get people that lie to make a living.
  18. JASONCHAD

Did it end up selling on eBay? I didn't see what happened.
  19. need4speed

need4speed Newbie

It did. I am pretty sure a member of this board bought it.
  20. Well I hope it we to to a home even half as good as it had when it was yours, need4speed
    I have a tendency to get emotionally attached to great cars, even if they're not mine. I guess that why I have too many myself.