1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

20150702_115548 (1024x768).jpg Either somebody is from East Germany and was born in Nov. 1972, or this is quite a coincidence.
    Keri likes this.
  2. Keri

Keri Leader

Maybe they were born in 1972 and like the Dance Dance Revolution video game a lot?
    Wartburg353W likes this.
  3. Ron

Ron Premium Member Forum Donor

I've always wondered how it works in the US, can you guys just have any reg number you fancy, as long as it's unique? And I'd heard that you can transfer your number from car to car?
  4. 1983JZR3W

1983JZR3W Puttering Along

In Florida , you can transfer a plate from car to car. I have vanity plates on all my vehicles.
  5. Bill Overbaugh

Bill Overbaugh King Trabi Administrator Forum Donor

It varies state by state. You are usually issued whatever you get, but you can pay more and have a custom plate. Another way to take money out of our pockets and give it to the government. (Says the guy with three vanity plates)
  6. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

It's only an extra $10 here in Virginia. Tons of people have vanity plates. But they crunch up the spelling to make them fit or to make them unique until half the time I see one it doesn't make any sense! Also there are different background patterns if you want yours to have a ship on it or a bird, and then you can personalize that! And then there are the group plates that have the emblem of where you went to college or your favorite hobby you can have the state print up if you get enough pre-orders on a petition. Here in Virginia they have allowed the Sons of Confederate Soldiers to have a group plate so there are plates with the confederate flag on them! Don't know if they're planning to change that now.
  7. tricken

tricken Loyal Comrade

yep you get a stock plate some random letters or numbers or if you pay more you can get a custom plate. in az we have 40 plus designs it is out of control
    Wartburg353W likes this.
  8. VADOC

VADOC Premium Member Forum Donor

IMG_0391_2200.jpg My trabant tag, in retrospect I should have gone for "BLUSMOKE', maybe next year
    Wartburg353W likes this.
  9. turbofiat124

turbofiat124 Premium Member Forum Donor

It seems like everyone from SW Virginia has a personalized license plate. But in Tennessee last time I checked a personalized plate was about twice as much as a standard plate. Believe it or not they do have a panel of people who review plates to figure out if they are offensive before issuing them. Such as "PIMPCAR".

Then of course we have those special plates like Wartburg353 mentions.

[​IMG]

Yeah don't know what's going to happen with the Sons of the Confederacy plates in TN. To me hanging the Confederate flag up in my garage is no different than someone in Scotland (Ron perhaps?) flying the Scottish flag instead of the Union Jack. Doesn't mean I'm a racist, doesn't mean I'm anti-American. To me it just means I'm from the south and I am a redneck. Actually the term "Redneck" is some reference to the Ulsters from Northern Ireland that settled the southeastern US. Something about wearing red bandanas or something.