1. barrie

barrie Newbie

i have my trabi running on 6v and would like to tow a kayak but as for light bord i am left scratching my head

is thir such thing as a 6v board
    can you take a 12v bord change the bulbs to 6v will the bulbs fit straight in to the holder
    i am even thinking about a 12v car battery on the kayak and board with radio contoled syston

as for the simple answer put the kayak on a roof rack in not going to work put i know you guy's will have the answer for me barrie and vladimir
  2. Wartburg353W

Wartburg353W Loyal Comrade

Don't even need a roof rack, really- just put some rubber or foam blocks and put the kayak up there and strap it down to the bumpers at both ends.
  3. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

Get yourself an old fashioned light board with bulbs ( NOT AN LED ONE) you can then simply fit 6volt bulbs into it. If you then want to use it on a normal car you would need to swap back to 12v bulbs . This guy sells 6 volt bulbs and is very helpful http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/
  4. mbeamish

mbeamish Loyal Comrade

5. barrie

barrie Newbie

thank for the help mbeamish as for it being on the roof no good wartburge as i have a heavy hobie and i leave it set up but thanks for the thourgt any way next i need to find a tow bar