1. In order to combat the SPAM challenges we have been facing, I have chosen for the registration of new forum members to be manually approved. If you are registering as a new member, please fill out your profile as much as your comfortable doing. By doing this it shows us that you are not a spammer and will ensure that you’re registered to the form quickly. Should you be denied by mistake, please reapply with a fully completed profile
  2. I have received a lot of messages asking about the future of the forums once my car sells. Well today it sold and will soon be on its way to its new home. With that said, for the forums, there is more information under 'Announcements" titled "Future of the Forums' you could also copy and paste this link: http://www.trabantforums.com/threads/future-of-the-forums-donations.1762/
  1. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

Hi all,

Just to let you know, I am having a purge, to down-size my garage full of Trabant bits, that incl. the above, which I got from the Techn. Editor of Practical Classics Magazine (Sam Glover) about 2 years ago, with my car and alot of other parts!
    I am listing them on Ebay this evening (visa1580 is my membership "tag"), so grab some bargains and IF you want to potentially make your Trabant really fly, with some other mods....do have a look at the Gotha r & d department 4-port cylinder kit,...as you won't find another with that historic pedigree!

I will send parts worldwide,...but, all I ask, is that you ask me via Ebay u.k. message service TO QUOTE YOU FOR CARRIAGE, ADDITIONALLY, before the end of the auction/s, to be fair to everyone.

Hope my stock goes to good homes, as a result!

Happy Trabi motoring, everyone.

Ian (Somerset, U.K.).
  2. Jonny Smith

Jonny Smith Newbie

I saw these didn't sell. Are they still available?
  3. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

Hi Jonny,...Sorry for the delay in replying. YES technically, the cylinder set is still available, although a Swiss gent was wanting them, along with some duplicate used Trabant parts that I am looking to sell. However, since quoting him for the carriage, for 62kgs to CH, he hasn't been back in touch! Due to the week he has had to think having elapsed, you are welcome to the cylinder set for £115 incl. 3 day carriage to you, as long as you are in the U.K........Otherwise, if you would like to buy them, along with the other parts, , I will take £160 for the LOT, IF you can collect, due to the weight?!!
  4. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

Hi Folks,....Just for clarity and to keep you all up to date re. my original posting (above):- The kit and all of my duplicate new/old Trabi parts have now been sold and shipped to a fellow owner in Switzerland! So, there will be a little Trabi "blasting" it's way around the pristine snow capped valleys there, now!!
    Regards to all! Ian
  5. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

That wouldn't be Philip Hostetler would it? I met the guy with his family who had driven from Switzerland in their Trabbi to Land's End to meet up with us last April.
  6. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

Hi Steve. Correct!!
    He is getting Adam in Wiltshire, another acquantance/member, to ferry the parts over to him, later in the year, when visiting Germany, I gather.
    I should be up to Powys, probably within the next month, on property viewing, so will let you know asap in advance, with a view to meeting near Worcester, to let youhave your gearbox, that you have already paid for1 I have it kept in the garage for you, still!! Regards, Ian
  7. Steve

Steve Loyal Comrade

Ian,
    That would be great. Do you know what year of Trabant the gearbox was from? Hoping it was from an oldie (pre 1982 old type drive shaft). My 1970 saloon has a real whine on 4th gear although it's OK otherwise>
  8. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

Apologies for the delay in replying Steve.
    I have no idea what year the gearbox came from, I'm afraid.
    Will NOT be likely to be coming up via Worcester so rapidly now,...as the viewers of our property messed us about and turned out to be utter wasters....otherwise, we would have been coming up to view another property in North Wales, as had been planned.
    Will keep you posted and give you notice of coming north of here, a few days in advance at worst, as had been planned all along. Thanks.
  9. Ian

Ian Loyal Comrade

N.B. everyone...ALL of my new/used DUPLICATE Trabant parts have NOW all been SOLD!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE, FOR HELPING ME TO SLIM-DOWN MY GARAGE.